Garbage

Bill Kettler

Just one question? We all try to practice "trash in and trash out" but, what about the trash left in the Caches? :) I have notices rocks, un-opened pill packages with no pharmaceutical description, rubberbands, and musty smelling items that actually made everyitem in the cash smell bad as if something was pulled out of grandmother's closet. Sometimes it looks as if someone came unprepaired and just threw in what ever it was in their pockets, including the lint. :D

We began geocaching as a way to introduce our son :P to the outdoors and since have planted a few caches of our own. We have tried to develop our caches around the imigination of the children :) with contents that reflect this. I realize that it's hard to monitor other peoples actions, but I can guarantee you that the caches we have placed are ones that show pride :P in our involvement and teach our son the value of charity and a respect for other's as well as the outdoors as I am sure most of you do.

Although I have noticed some caches claimed as marketed for the children placed in areas resembling garbage dumps, :P tires, broken glass, gunshells and litter and within city limits making it almost impossible to locate the cache without crossing a busy highway or road. :cry:

Just a note people the cache was placed there by you, an individual attempting to locate a cache be it by child or otherwise is brought there by you activating a post on the world wide web. This post although not forcing and individual to locate it does place the individual in an area he/she may not otherwise be had the cache not been placed. This does present a possible liablity upon the individual should one become injured,

please when placing a cache somewhere "think" are there family's or four year olds going to be present in this area? And when placing something in a cache, if you can not leave something worth the hunt, why leave anything at all? :)

Just one question? We all try to practice "trash in and trash out" but, what about the trash left in the Caches? :P I have notices rocks, un-opened pill packages with no pharmaceutical description, rubberbands, and musty smelling items that actually made everyitem in the cash smell bad as if something was pulled out of grandmother's closet.
Many people who have been playing the game for a long time have stopped trading. They just love the hunting portion. Me? I still like to trade. I am happy to leave good items in a cache, and often take out the garbage that you have pointed out. It annoys me immensely to find just crap in the cache.

Examples of what I consider garbage: business cards, soap, candles, broken whatever-it-is, torn literature, discarded cache printouts, etc.

And for what it's worth here, any kind of medicine is an absolutely HORRIBLE IDEA regardless of package integrity or attached descriptions.