Quickie recommendations for NW Wales

Simply Paul

I'm off for a few days in North West Wales, and I'm looking for a few great caches to do. I've already been up Snowdon itself so may not be going back up it, but I hope to get over to Anglesea for the first time. I like the look of 'Suitable for Miners' and 'Lion in Wait' so far - Does anyone have any must-do caches to add to my short list?

Thanks in advance <_<

I'm off for a few days in North West Wales, and I'm looking for a few great caches to do. I've already been up Snowdon itself so may not be going back up it, but I hope to get over to Anglesea for the first time. I like the look of 'Suitable for Miners' and 'Lion in Wait' so far - Does anyone have any must-do caches to add to my short list?

Thanks in advance :blink:

Hi Paul,

what type of caches is it that you're after? Quick caches or are you after some fast quick recommendations? <_< Its just that with you saying about not doing Snowdon - does that mean if there is a special mountain cache - you may consider one of those?

Cheers

Scott

while in anglesey for an event last september, Ac-p and I did almost all the caches on the island, and they were all pretty good. I really liked one there called Parys or Mars... a very very unusual terrain.

Along the N wales coast you're quite spoiled - if you want nice quick easy caches go for anything by the Happy Landins, and then take in some of the others en route.

I'm sure you'll have more than enough to keep you going, I've spent a good 8 or 9 days caching on the N Wales coast and still not finished them off!!!

Thanks in advance ;)

what type of caches is it that you're after? Quick caches or are you after some fast quick recommendations? ;) Its just that with you saying about not doing Snowdon - does that mean if there is a special mountain cache - you may consider one of those?
In a word, interesting caches. That means no 'this is a nice wood, I'll put one here' type caches, unless it's a *really* nice wood :laughing:

It was the recommendations that I needed quickly, I'm off in the morning. The caches themselves can be a bit of a git, so long as they're a git in a cool area ;)

I *might* go back up Snowdon, but if there's another mountain with a special cache on it, I might be persuaded.

Thanks for the replies so far, I'll add the recommendations to my hit list.

Thanks for the replies so far, I'll add the recommendations to my hit list.

Out of the caches I've done, these are the ones I'd recommend (some already been recommended by others).

GC969B - Pierview

GCHGZM - Parys or Mars

GCRDXM - Lion in Wait

GCQEPM - Peninsula Views (if the tides out, the walk over to the church on the island is interesting)

GC1873 - Waterfalls Spectacular

GC6F90 - Highest in Conwy (great view of the walled town)

GC6F10 - Deganwy Castle (the view over the Conwy estuary from here really is something special)

GCQRNH and GCR2HQ - Top and Bottom of Series. The lower cache is nothing special but is needed so you can see the lower lake that the top lake empties into. And then the water is pumped back up again over night ready for peak electricity demands during the next working day.

GCHYM4 - Dragon Fields - one of the more imaginative multis I've done.

Few of the caches up here in N. Wales don't seem to be clever containers or hides. More about the locations I guess. A slight exception might be JusTheJobs GCKFVP - Toby and the Fox.

The only one that is different that is on your list and I haven't done is GCJWRA - Suitable for Minors. I have attempted this but there was a dead sheep draped over the entrance! :laughing: I haven't been back, I'm still seeing the psychiatrist! ;)

Best of luck and happy caching!