Sunrise Step Off

Packanack

Not to worry Mike, it looked so good that some of the folks who couldn't go are planning to do a dejavu. What great pictures, what a great looking crew. As I rode down the Thruway yesterday on the way back from Boston I was thinking to myself, wow that is one big hill. :anibad: Way to go folks.

APRIL 20TH , 2008 APPROACHES

That is CITO Day, we Sunrisers have bandied about an idea of holding a CITO. Please express your interest for a CITO, to be held on April 20th. If there is no expressed interest it will not get underway. We have all enjoyed various Sunrise Activities over the course of the last year, maybe we can all get together and put our shoulders to the wheel for a couple of hours .

Edited by Packanack

APRIL 20TH , 2008 APPROACHES

That is CITO Day, we Sunrisers have bandied about an idea of holding a CITO. Please express your interest for a CITO, to be held on April 20th. If there is no expressed interest it will not get underway. We have all enjoyed various Sunrise Activities over the course of the last year, maybe we can all get together and put our shoulders to the wheel for a couple of hours .

I will do it. However, I vote for High Mountain. But I will do it where ever you set it up

I'm willing to join in as well. Anyplace is fine with me, but I'll second the vote on High Mountain. I didn't see much trash there the other day except at the trail head, but then again I didn't have much time to explore too far.

I dont know where that is, but I will do my service to clean up the environment I love. Let me know

An event listing has been sent in for April 20, th, CITO at High Mountain Preserve. 7:30AM to 9:30 AM and thereafter you are on your own, some might actually want to explore and go caching, there are many fine caches in the region. Thanks for your enthusiastic response. There is a meeting place which is the Red Trail Head , and strangely enough there is a cache there.

Parking will be at the William Paterson Parking lot.N 40° 57.141 W 074° 11.994

Maybe some of us locals could see fit to drop a box or two in some underutilized section of the preserve. ;)

I did a quick check and there are a lot of caches in the area , so folks who come will have a good selection of activities to select from after the CITO-use zip code 07470 for a PQ

check out the pictures that appear on Weathernowcast cache page for the Red Trail Trailhead.

Edited by Packanack

An event listing has been sent in for April 20, th, CITO at High Mountain Preserve. 7:30AM to 9:30 AM and thereafter you are on your own, some might actually want to explore and go caching, there are many fine caches in the region. Thanks for your enthusiastic response. There is a meeting place which is the Red Trail Head , and strangely enough there is a cache there.

Parking will be at the William Paterson Parking lot.N 40° 57.141 W 074° 11.994

Maybe some of us locals could see fit to drop a box or two in some underutilized section of the preserve. ;)

I did a quick check and there are a lot of caches in the area , so folks who come will have a good selection of activities to select from after the CITO-use zip code 07470 for a PQ

check out the pictures that appear on Weathernowcast cache page for the Red Trail Trailhead.

woo hoo

I didn't want to jinx us by wishing for good weather but the weatherman says it's gonna be a perfect day for our clean up effort... sorry Brian, I also didn't want to step on any weather forecasters toes.

Only 8 'Will Attends'??? What's up guys? Though we only had about 8 attendees on Perfect Tommy's clean up effort, still did a good job in Saxon Woods. See you Sunday.

Edited by macatac1961

http://www.nynjtc.org/trails/images/highmtnj.gif

A couple of would be attendees are running a 5K through the Lincoln Tunnel on Sunday, I don't know why they would forego this for that, they can do that any day of the week. :)

Sunday morning at that time only brings out the most select grouping.

Donuts or Bagels ?

You bring one and I will bring the other.

I was thinking about making some buttons for the group with my handy dandy button making machine. you cool with that?!

:grin::laughing::grin: Almost 200 pounds per mile of litter and malt liquor bottles and left behind junk was removed through the solid efforts of a group of cachers this morning. I never knew there were that many types of malt liquors. High Mountain has never looked so good. Thanks to all the folks who got up early, and made the effort, your efforts will make the hike more pleasing to those who come after us. Thanks Brian for the Buttons.

:grin::laughing::grin: Almost 200 pounds per mile of litter and malt liquor bottles and left behind junk was removed through the solid efforts of a group of cachers this morning. I never knew there were that many types of malt liquors. High Mountain has never looked so good. Thanks to all the folks who got up early, and made the effort, your efforts will make the hike more pleasing to those who come after us. Thanks Brian for the Buttons.

Looks like I missed a great effort by the step off group, been out traveling a lot, hopefully will resume activities again soon

GC1ABZ8

Cache In Trash Out Event Pick up trash, Plant a tree – help the Planet!

Hey guys, I am coming back into play after a few hectic work weeks, I feel quite badly for missing last weekends CITO, you guys did a great job!

Well, there is a CITO in my neck of the woods.

The area where I grew I up and its still very close to my heart!

APEC is a wonderful nature center in Eastern Queens.

There are a few nearby caches, 2 of which I placed.

Beautiful views of Long Island Sound is very nearby.

A some pretty good diners nearby-Scobee anyone?

I will most likely be heading up to the Bronx or Westchester afterwards as there has been a lot of cache placement activity in the past few months.

For more info on what's needed, please go to the organizers (I gather I am not allowed to link up to their site, Metrogc dot org) at the top of the page to get to their site, for tree donation info and other pertinent info.

I hope some of Step off folks can make it. I would be great to see some friendly faces at this CITO

Buttaskotch

Sunrise Stepoff--Soliciting interest.

May --Noon to 4, Lunch time group hike to Terrace Pond--Seeking Harry Dolphins High Point and weathernowcast--High Point and deciding who is higher. Date to be worked out

June--Meadowlands Kayak Tour from Laurel Hill Park

July---By Invitation Only---inviting a cacher to come on a Stepoff , by invitation only.

Any interest ??????

Edited by Packanack

Harry and I had a pleasant exchange when discussing this placement. I had attempted to reach it on three occassions previously with the idea in mind of placing a cache. Being that I closely resemble a herd of elephants I am hoping to group up and rely on guile rather than brutish crashing through the brush. :drama:

Sunrise Stepoff--Soliciting interest.

May --Noon to 4, Lunch time group hike to Terrace Pond--Seeking Harry Dolphins High Point and weathernowcast--High Point and deciding who is higher. Date to be worked out

June--Meadowlands Kayak Tour from Laurel Hill Park

July---By Invitation Only---inviting a cacher to come on a Stepoff , by invitation only.

Any interest ??????

Interest yes. Depends on my soccer schedule.

June--Meadowlands Kayak Tour from Laurel Hill Park--10 AM

June 1, a Sunday before I list for event status please indicate interest for that day. Livery is closed Memorial Day, and June 14 and 15 due to Meadowlands festival

There are canoes, single kayaks and tandem kayaks available for rental, PFD's are supplied.

Edited by Packanack

PADDLING CENTER

I have submitted for event approval for June 1, keep your eyes open for June 1 at Laurel Hill Park,Secaucus.

The reason I put in for June 1 is that they are having a guided tour and that might be best for he novice paddler. That starts at 10 AM, it is a Sunday, so most will have the day off to begin with.

So watch for new listing, But I will provide the links here also. MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS IF YOU NEED TO ARRANGE A BOAT.

BOAT RESERVATION

Edited by Packanack

PADDLING CENTER

I have submitted for event approval for June 1, keep your eyes open for June 1 at Laurel Hill Park,Secaucus.

The reason I put in for June 1 is that they are having a guided tour and that might be best for he novice paddler. That starts at 10 AM, it is a Sunday, so most will have the day off to begin with.

So watch for new listing, But I will provide the links here also. MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS IF YOU NEED TO ARRANGE A BOAT.

BOAT RESERVATION

BOOKED!

PADDLING CENTER

BOAT RESERVATION

Sounds good, we have it on our calendar! :P