TeamAlamo 20,000th Find Gold LE Geocoin

Dr. Whoever

Meanwhile, I'm pondering how anyone could get 20 000 finds.

I don't think I've found 20 000 of anything, ever.

When I first met TeamAlamo (Christmas Day, 2002) he had 40 finds and we had 400. And some people thought we were obsessed... I still laugh at that.

--Marky

Meanwhile, I'm pondering how anyone could get 20 000 finds.

I don't think I've found 20 000 of anything, ever.

When I first met TeamAlamo (Christmas Day, 2002) he had 40 finds and we had 400. And some people thought we were obsessed... I still laugh at that.

--Marky

With a little rough calculating... that works out to about a dozen finds a day, everyday for the past 4 years! :rolleyes:

We've seen one cacher post 70 finds in one day.

Then, on several days in the same week, that cacher posted days with 50 to 60 caches.

I doubt there were any nice hikes, puzzles or snowshoe adventures in any of these finds. I guess numbers are more important to some people than other aspects of caching.

How can one really log 70 caches in one day?

I read a while back that in Nashville it is easy to grab 100 caches in a single day. Where's the challenge?

Each of us participates in his own way.

Then, on several days in the same week, that cacher posted days with 50 to 60 caches.

I doubt there were any nice hikes, puzzles or snowshoe adventures in any of these finds. I guess numbers are more important to some people than other aspects of caching.

I read a while back that in Nashville it is easy to grab 100 caches in a single day. Where's the challenge?

We did a 100-cache day in Nashville. The fun part was riding around Nashville in a Mercedes Bus, seeing the sights and getting to know two very nice geocachers in the process. You are right, not many of the caches were really the memorable kind, but there were moments. I think everyone should do a big power-caching day just once, even if it's not their thing. It's kind of a "bonding thing", I suppose.

We enjoy hiking caches, too, even though I can't hike as far as my hubby can (I'm working on it!). He hiked over 13 miles for 10 caches last weekend with a buddy, and I hiked about 3 miles day before yesterday in our beautiful Barton Creek Greenbelt in Austin for 4 finds (I paid for it yesterday!). I have no idea how far we walked on the days we visited DC, but it was too much for my overtaxed hikers.

We have seen more lovely views ... more locations steeped in history ... more places of the heart ... than we ever could have imagined, thanks to geocaching. Some were hiking caches, some were <50 feet from car to cache, some were via sidewalks, and some via a briar thicket or poison ivy vines so thick you couldn't see through them. Every one of them had value, even the skirtlifters. I wouldn't give any of them back.

Happy Trails!

Slightly off topic but it but at Its not about the numbers There is some people with over 300 finds in a day and a cacher with a find rate of 7/day. The one I find amazing is the Consecutive Days With a Find at 654. These numbers I believe are only those people who have used the site not everyone. But still, these are some numbers! :rolleyes:

Knowing there were only 40 of these 3-D, 2 toned coins made I am surprised there is one on ebay already.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TeamAlamo-20-000-Finds...1QQcmdZViewItem

There were only 20 Geocoinfest Volunteer coins made and there is all ready one of them on ebay as well :rolleyes:

That's what one does with duplicate coins :wub:

How are the Volunteer coins different than the pre-registered attendee coins? I would give you two Volunteer coins AG, you deserved them.

Knowing there were only 40 of these 3-D, 2 toned coins made I am surprised there is one on ebay already.

There were only 20 Geocoinfest Volunteer coins made and there is all ready one of them on ebay as well :wub:

Did you volunteer twice :rolleyes:

With the amount of tireless time, effort and planning AG put in I would say yes. :wub:

I tried to buy one at geocoinfest and Lee wouldn't let me. mad.gif I'm still not sure why.

I think you had to have 20,000 finds in order to be able to buy one. :wub:

It doesn't surprise me that there is an 'influx' of coins on e-place after the event I am sure lots of purchases and trades were made, some for collections others for 'flipping'.

How are the Volunteer coins different than the pre-registered attendee coins? I would give you two Volunteer coins AG, you deserved them.

Different metal and very low production number. They exist in the attendee (satin gold glow with epoxy 20 quantity), public (Black Nickel 20 quantity) and coinquest coins (Antique Silver 10 quantity). While the vendors may have made a few extra samples of these finishes in some cases, this is all the administrators received.

Offical event volunteers were awarded one (1) coin of their choice following the day portion of the event.

Also, KarelKraak was awarded one of each item and a goodie bag for his winning logo.

Edited by AtlantaGal

There were only 20 Geocoinfest Volunteer coins made and there is all ready one of them on ebay as well :wub:

Did you volunteer twice :rolleyes:

With the amount of tireless time, effort and planning AG put in I would say yes. :D

I tried to buy one at geocoinfest and Lee wouldn't let me. mad.gif I'm still not sure why.

I think you had to have 20,000 finds in order to be able to buy one. :wub:

It doesn't surprise me that there is an 'influx' of coins on e-place after the event I am sure lots of purchases and trades were made, some for collections others for 'flipping'.

I did not mean to denigrate AG's efforts in any way, I was there, all the volunteers worked hard and did a great job, I am oh so sorry if I offended her, and I must have from the email I just got, not that it is any of my business, I am told. :wub:

Sorry for hijacking the topic :D

Edited by prntr1

So glad to have been one of the lucky ones to get one of Lee's Gold LEs at the event (keeping). I was the first to ask for and buy one, so I was just at the right place at the right time. I missed getting many other coins while there though. Brought my new personal coins for trade and only ended up trading with three people. A bit chaotic, but awesome.

So glad to have been one of the lucky ones to get one of Lee's Gold LEs at the event (keeping). I was the first to ask for and buy one, so I was just at the right place at the right time. I missed getting many other coins while there though. Brought my new personal coins for trade and only ended up trading with three people. A bit chaotic, but awesome.

Wow, you are indeed one of the lucky ones!!! I was lucky enough to trade for your cool new personal, so I'm happy! :-)

Edited by frivlas

Disagree. Extra volunteer coins should be destroyed otherwise you cheapen the rest of them. If they are TRULY for volunteers, then nobody else should have the, unless a volunteer gives it away. Having extras that anybody can buy reduces the importance of a volunteer coin.

Doesn't surprise me either. I fully expected to see a lot of event coins show up on eBay afterwards.

... and I must have from the email I just got, not that it is any of my business, I am told. :wub:

Sorry for hijacking the topic :wub:

Whatever. :rolleyes:

Apparently you only have the rights to free speech if you don't offend the cliques here.

Marky, that's odd that you couldn't buy one - no idea why?

edit: stupid quote tags....

Edited by kealia