Koko Needs Inspiration

Michael

Following your dog isn't always a smart idea because a dog is much lighter than a human. I thought I could just go down and wash the cache out in the river, the dog didn't get stuck. We missed a lot of the event and I got to go skinny dipping!

Our log for "Green Eggs and Ham", a cache we found last year while attending the Badlands Cache Quest event.

I found it, but sort of wished that I hadn't. This series of caches is really tremendous. Caches like the Lemon Yellow cache, the Psycho Pink, Blue Hoo Hoo and one I have DNF'ed, Green Eggs and Ham are all great caches.

After ice cream we headed out to the small church, wavemom asked what cache we should do next and for some reason I came up with this one and away we went. I was a hot sunny Cache Quest day and we had yet to buy something for supper (I actually talked wavemom into going for supper at the event!!)when we set out at 4:20, lots of time since dinner is at 6:15.

We arrived at the cache site quickly and the first thing that happened was our dog went swimming, lucky mutt. We found the cache and this time it was no problem. I noticed that the cache was very dirty inside and thought I would be able to help out a little by washing it out, the river was right down there. I found a spot to get down near the bank and my dog walked out onto the beach and into the water. When I stepped on the beach my foot went in up to the knee, it was soft slimy muck. In my attempts to extricate myself I managed to get the other leg stuck as well. I did get my shoes and socks off but I was really stuck well. I decided to wash the cache since I was already in the water so I used my socks to wash my shoes and the cache. While I was doing this I was hailed from the river by passing fishermen who must have surely thought that I was crazy, stuck in mud up to my crotch and washing a green pail. The dog sat on the beach to watch the whole time.

I finally managed to get out onto the bank but my feet and legs were super slimy. I had to walk back towards the truck about 1/4 mile on the shale in my barefeet. I found a suitable place, sent everyone else back to the truck and proceeded to skinny dip my way to cleanliness. This adventure made us very late, we were actually driving by the Cache Quest campground at 6:45PM and everyone was hot (except me) and we had been on the cache hunt almost 2 1/2 hours, we had not been shopping, we had no supper, we had no pictures ready, we had no poetry ready.

We decided to eat in town and decided to go for chinese food at Diana's. We had a nice dinner over the course of 2 hours!!!! I guess the Help Wanted sign should have acted as a warning but you see that sign so often today.

The net result was that we arrived back at the Cache Quest near 9:15PM and we still had to drive back to Medicine Hat. We missed almost all the Saturday evening stories and excitement and only got to visit for a short while, we did however, find this cache.

My dog really enjoyed this game but Iwas really stuck.

40b5ea52-68f1-48f5-b85e-39ebbd75d1dd.jpg