Contributions for GeoWoodstock 5

horsegeeks

Shoot me you address and I'll ship out a couple of our personal coins...not really all that special, but I hope it'll help!

The offerings of items for our event "Lazy Hayes Days" has shown me how great the cachers in the forums are, more than happy to return the favor!!

That's fantastic....email on the way. Thanks very much

Kenny must be tired of doing the bump. Now I'll take a turn!

We have received a bunch of amazing donations so far! Thanks so much to all who have contributed so much.

Remember: We are looking for geocoins, but also for donations of ANYTHING that a fellow cacher would find even remotely interesting. AND THE HANDMADE STUFF WILL RULE THE DAY. Thanks everybody and keep the goodies coming!

Ahhh, you like handmade stuff? How about the first Groundspeak approved, handmade, trackable geocoin with a custom icon? Handmade by scavok. I have one for you if you want it. 2" in diameter, about 1/4" thick and it weighs 4.7oz!

P1000443.JPG

P1000452.JPG

P1000445.JPG

Ahhh, you like handmade stuff? How about the first Groundspeak approved, handmade, trackable geocoin with a custom icon? Handmade by scavok. I have one for you if you want it. 2" in diameter, about 1/4" thick and it weighs 4.7oz!

Ummmmm YES PLEASE!! How cool is that! I'll be sending shipping info to you soon.

MANY THANKS! :laughing:

Everyone has been so generous donating for the ASP Geobash ( May 18,19, 20 <-shameless plug) that I would like to repay some of that kindness. Unfortunatly I do not have my own personal geocoin but I do have some traders that I would like to donate. If you'll send me an address I drop off a couple of coins for the event. Wish I could be there but I can't this year. Wish you the best on your event :D

Everyone has been so generous donating for the ASP Geobash ( May 18,19, 20 <-shameless plug) that I would like to repay some of that kindness. Unfortunatly I do not have my own personal geocoin but I do have some traders that I would like to donate. If you'll send me an address I drop off a couple of coins for the event. Wish I could be there but I can't this year. Wish you the best on your event :D

Email is on the way. Thanks so much for the donation of geocoins. We certainly wish you could make it though. Kenny

Kenny must be tired of doing the bump. Now I'll take a turn!

We have received a bunch of amazing donations so far! Thanks so much to all who have contributed so much.

Remember: We are looking for geocoins, but also for donations of ANYTHING that a fellow cacher would find even remotely interesting. AND THE HANDMADE STUFF WILL RULE THE DAY. Thanks everybody and keep the goodies coming!

P1000443.JPG

P1000452.JPG

P1000445.JPG

Thanks so much it is neat. The horsegeeks will go broke bidding on it.

Hi Everybody,

I just wanted to send a quick shout out to all of you to say THANK YOU for all of your donations for GW5. So many of you were so generous with your geo-bling, your talent, and sometimes both! Each of you played a huge part in helping GW5 to turn out to be a great event, and I will always remember the generosity and kindness of the community here. :blink:

Glad to contribute! Out of curiosity, will the results of the individual silent auction items be posted somewhere (or have they been?)? We all heard about the $550 quilt, but I wasn't there as the auction closed so I never saw what some of the geocoins went for. Or maybe I don't want to know how little I was outbid by. :ph34r:

Edited by islander1988

Glad to contribute! Out of curiosity, will the results of the individual silent auction items be posted somewhere (or have they been?)? We all heard about the $550 quilt, but I wasn't there as the auction closed so I never saw what some of the geocoins went for. Or maybe I don't want to know how little I was outbid by. :ph34r:

I was curious, too...since we missed some of the announcements.

Glad to contribute! Out of curiosity, will the results of the individual silent auction items be posted somewhere (or have they been?)? We all heard about the $550 quilt, but I wasn't there as the auction closed so I never saw what some of the geocoins went for. Or maybe I don't want to know how little I was outbid by. :blink:

We're also curious. We were there, but it got confusing, and we didn't hear any of the winning bids.

Glad to contribute! Out of curiosity, will the results of the individual silent auction items be posted somewhere (or have they been?)? We all heard about the $550 quilt, but I wasn't there as the auction closed so I never saw what some of the geocoins went for. Or maybe I don't want to know how little I was outbid by. :blink:

We're also curious. We were there, but it got confusing, and we didn't hear any of the winning bids.

As a winning coin bidder, I can confirm that I paid $12 for each coin that I won. I expect that there were enough informed people bidding that the prices ended up right about the eBay market value... :lol:

I'm not sure that the winning bids were ever "announced". The names of the winners were called out (in between calls for everyone to "please step back from the tables!!!"), but then it was the winner that paid whrlwind (auction leader) directly the amount of their winning bid.

Hi All,

Sorry I've missed all of these questions...I've been out chaperoning an end-of-school field trip in the blazing sun all day :blink: .

I wasn't in charge of the silent auction itself and haven't seen the final bid amounts for most of the items. It was crazy at the end there and despite wanting to bid on some more things, I chose to avoid the stampede! I know that wrlwind (the auction honcho) was asked to reserve his on-stage announcements for large items such as that famous Pepper/TN Jed quilt, GPSrs, etc. To be honest, I'm not sure if/when the entire list will be posted. But if you're REALLY curious about a specific something, I bet that wrlwind wouldn't mind helping you out.

I didn't win anything :lol: , and I really don't want to find out how narrow my losses were. It would probably make me growl.