Mission Geocoin: Secret Leprechaun!

GeoSmurfz

I saw the postman walk by this afternoon, but I was buried in the dreaded tax paperwork, so I forgot about the mail for a while...When I did finally remember it I was surprised to see an envelope with me as the sender! Immediately I thought oh no my trade coin came back to me! ( This has happened once before ) Then I realized that the envelope was addressed to me as well! Hmm could this be! Yes a Leprechaun had snuck into my mailbox and left a gift! <_< Now the dilemma do I wait till Saturday or open it right away... You got that right! I opened it right then! :unsure:

Lets see there is a Cache critters coin, Very cool! I wanted one of these but just never got around to buying one. Funny thing is the one problem I usually have when caching is I almost always find the spider webs!! A GOWT 2006 coin, Very nice! I went caching in that area in 2006, A NFA personal coin, unfortunately for me a cacher I have yet to meet, I will have to work extra hard now to remedy that. And if that wasn't enough to spoil even this part Irishman There is also a Southside Gang Challenge LE coin!! Very Very cool! I couldn't make it to that event but I wanted to go!!

So now who could this secret Leprechaun be???? I think I know! He lives just a little ways north of my final duty station! ( NATTC Lakehurst ) Thanks so much!! After being down with a bad migraine for 4 days last week, and then touch of flu yesterday, this is a major spirit lifter!!

Thanks also to Geosmurfz, for getting this round going!!

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Leprechaun Arrived !!!

I raced home from work today - I knew today would be the day! Sure enough, I opened my mailbox and immediately thought, "I see one!" <_<

I got 3 wonderful coins resting on 3 really cute four-leaf clovers (good job cutting them out - nice touch!!!) :unsure:

- Blue Racer Bug - I love these. I missed them when they came out - This one will go great with the orange one I have

- 2006 Halloween GCPC Pumpkin - soooo cute! It's a tiny pumpkin!

- Sock Puppet coin - (hehehehehe) classic! Love it!!! Been looking for this one for a while!

Thanks, Secret Leprechaun! You made my day!!!!!!!

Our Leprechaun arrived!!!!!

Wow, our leprechaun rocks!! We received some wonderful "vintage" coins! I'm so excited!! Everything in our collection, until now, has been new coins from the last year when we started this wonderful hobby. Now, we have coins from 2005!! We received a 2005 Maines First Geocache coin, and what a beauty! It's very thick and has amazing texture and detail. We also received a 2005 California coin, another coin with great detail and texture. Also we have a 2006 Alabama Geocachers Association, yet again, another excellent example of how geocoins can be absolutely fantastic looking without having to be drowned with flashy glitter and specialty colors. All 3 of these coins are gorgeous with just using their metals as the main design feature. I love them!

Yes folks, that's not all! We also received a nice personalized card, and green bead necklace, and a wonderful signature item from the one and only, Bisonwoman! You da bomb girl!! Thank you sooo much for these wonderful wonderful gifts!

DSC02448.jpg

Leprechaun Mission Arrived!

This was so cool to get in the mail and all the way from New Zealand. I think I must have had the leprechaun who did his work from the farthest distance. I just loved the coins and the creativity put into this one that I have to share the picture. The coins all arrived in the Leprechaun's bucket like they had just made a trip around the block rather than some 10,000 miles. The coins included Sylvan-satin gold, Lancashire, Evil Micro, and Dreamcatcher...all I can say is job well done Thanks keewee01!

My Leprechaun pot of gold coins:

SecretLeprechaun2.jpg

Edited by Sandtracker

Leprechaun Mission Arrived!

This was so cool to get in the mail and all the way from New Zealand. I think I must have had the leprechaun who did his work from the farthest distance. I just loved the coins and the creativity put into this one that I have to share the picture. The coins all arrived in the Leprechaun's bucket like they had just made a trip around the block rather than some 10,000 miles. The coins included Sylvan-satin gold, Lancashire, Evil Micro, and Dreamcatcher...all I can say is job well done Thanks keewee01!

Hi David,

No problem - I'm glad you're happy with the selection... I had to take quite a long hard look at what you had (and didn't have), what you were seeking and what you were getting rid of to ensure I didn't disappoint. B)

Be aware that the Dreamcatcher is not trackable. It was a last minute addition to the 'pot'.

Cheers,

keewee

Recieved My package today Loved the way they did it I Didnt want to cut the package open.

Received: Gold Anthus Decoder (Bead is missing?) I haver the Silver so to have a set is great

and

Green International Bank of Cachers Coin been looking for one of these for a long time

and Anthus Pin

Yay another pin to go on the back pack

Along with

A holographic St. Paties Day Button Very cool Tag_Along my girlfriend really wants this and Im probably going to be forced to give it up to her.

Thanks so much my secret Leprechan Please email me so I can comfirm who I tink you are.

TheCollector

My second Secret Leprechaun package came today :huh:. I have been waiting for 13 coins that I bought a few trades and my personal coin taking my hopes down on getting them any time soon :anicute:. But my Leprechaun package made my day ;). I got.

Dreamcatcher Air

Cachers for a Cure (funny thing is I just traded for this coin also. keeping my leprechauns and trading off the trade)

~tasia~ Top40 (such a great looking coin)

;););) THANK YOU SO MUCH SECRET LEPRECHAUN ;););)

I have been so spoiled by my Secret Leprachaun!! All month I have been getting cards and other things via e-mail and now, right on St. Patty's Day, I got my package. Wrapped ever so nice - I got a growing leprachaun (which my 5 year old insisted upon placing in some water immediately and is impatiently waiting for it to grow). Some geocaching charms (which I showed to my 16 year old daughter and she replied "Cool" followed my a look that said 'My mom is such a dork, now she is going to wear geocaching jewelry!' A nice shamrock pin, a card and of course the coins. A good job done!! A Dressel Dragons (I really wanted this one); a Canadian Volunteer Geocache Reviewers (an other one that I really wanted) and a gold Team Sand Dollar (I just traded for a couple, but I still like it). Thanks so very much Secret Leprechaun!!! I hope I did as well for my Secret Leprecaun.

My second Secret Leprechaun package came today :anicute:. I have been waiting for 13 coins that I bought a few trades and my personal coin taking my hopes down on getting them any time soon :huh:. But my Leprechaun package made my day ;). I got.

Dreamcatcher Air

Cachers for a Cure (funny thing is I just traded for this coin also. keeping my leprechauns and trading off the trade)

~tasia~ Top40 (such a great looking coin)

;););) THANK YOU SO MUCH SECRET LEPRECHAUN ;););)

glad to see it arrived on time!! it went out on Thurs. afternoon at 3:11 PM

p.s - i rec'd the pocketpups coin on friday - the ice rose will go out when i go back to MI April 7th-14th

Bella's (and mine) package arrived on Friday, I've just been so busy I kept forgetting to upload the picture.

Firstly the package was actually addressed to Bella! Yippee! It was decorated with lots of Irish stickers, when we opened it 4 little green packages and a cute little frog fell out!

Kodak189.jpg

In the packages we found a Ladybug Kids coin!!! a cute little Ladybug signatue glass bug, a 4F's coin and a caching kids coin! Thanks secret Leprechaun!

Just returned from a vacation in Wyoming to receive a package from myself postmarked Wyoming. Okay, this is too weird.... did I mail myself something while on vacation? :D Ah, no, mind is returning finally and I remember that I have a Secret Leprechaun (who must be from Wyoming)!

Two coins and a pin! That I don't have!!!!

Nurses Have Heart

Generic 2007

Evil Micro pin 2007

Very Very Cool !! Thanks so much !! :D

4. Leprechaun Arrived! :D

Thankyou Secret Leprechaun! My package arrived this week, and in it was a Fox & the Hound, Cointracking.com Placeholder coin, and a Kilted Cacher! The latter has been on my seeking list for some time, and I wasn't expecting such a HTF coin. So thankyou Secret Leprechaun for the wonderful gifts! :D

Hello To All The Secret Leprechauns

I would like to thank all that joined the mission. Also would like to thank all that posted the great gifts that you got. I am glad that you all enjoyed the secret mission. I had just as much fun running it. I hope that Allie will let me do another sometime soon.

I would like to also add that if you sent out the package and don't see the person list it on here. You know that you sent it out in enough time for them to get it and would like to know if they did. Please email me and I will send out a email asking if they got the package from the mission. So you don't have to let anyone know it was you that sent it out if you don't want them to know and keep them guessing.

Once again. Thanks to all that has joined and made someones day by sending the mission and all the great stuff that alot of you did for the mission. Seeing all the great ideas, time, and thought that went into alot of them is giving me ideas for the next three that I joined.

Ok, once again, I procrastinate. I'm sorry! But I'd just like to say thank you thank you thank you :D to my Secret Leprechaun for sending me such nice - and festively wrapped - coins. They arrived on Friday, although, well, I'm a bit slow to post. :cry: I received a Kansas Sunshine coin, a Kansas Geocaching coin which are both beautiful, and a North Carolina coin which makes me particularly happy, as mine grew legs and walked away from a cache in Florida last August (funny how they do that?). Anyway, many thanks to you, and also to GeoSmurfz for organizing the mission.