Mission Geocoin: Secret Leprechaun!

GeoSmurfz

I'm not sure that I have 30 posts! But is it too late to get into this game?? I think CA, Islander1988 and a some others know me well enough to vouch for me.

I am sorry it is to late. There will be another mission soon by someone else. I am not sure if it will be bunny or may day. But it will be real soon. Once again sorry you missed this.

1. Signed up

2. Mission Received

3. Leprechaun Mailman out the door

4. Secret Leprechaun Arrived! AND look what he sent me!

Leprechaun.jpg

Forty-n-Eight's Washington Quarter - Antique Silver w/pin

Cache Hiker - Black Nickel

Get out of Travelbug Jail Free

I couldn't get home from the Post Office fast enough. Good thing I live out in the boonies. Not many cops out and about. Pulling into the driveway I almost didn't give the car time to come to a complete stop before I jumped out and rushed into the house. All the work I had piled on top of my desk was just going to have to wait!

WOW... Half of the postage must have been from the weight of all those staples! Sissors weren't going to help here. Couldn't find my staple puller, so I opted to use my finger nails. Oh well... That's why they make emery boards. Once I got the outside package opened. I found another package within and had more staples to pull. I was giggling all the while I chipped away at those staples. This Leprechaun really wanted to make sure nothing escaped from their packaging. Finally getting to the pot of gold within, my excitement grew with each precious coin I pulled out. I didn't realize I was holding my breath till I gasped for air. It took awhile before I forced myself to put these great looking coins down. After logging into geocoincollection.com, I entered them in my Keeper List with a note on each that they came from my Secret Leprechaun.

Thank you... Thank you... You were more than gracious with your selection.

Dianne

One pot-o-gold heading towards its leprecaun via the rainbow!

pot_of_gold.gif

1. Participating (done)

2. Received Name (done)

3. Shipped (done)

4. Recieved (done) Top Coin – Gun, SwissGeoCoin modern Antique Silver, Pot O' Gold w/Andes (YUMMY), GIRL SCOUT'S best cookies ( :rolleyes: SSSSShhhhh, hiding them to myself) thin mints, and this really funky fun leprechaun hat. This was a FUN welcome after a day of work. I had forgotten that I had given my work address and was nicely surprised to get a package.

SecretLep.jpg RECIEVED;)

Leprechaun you did great! You sent me stuff I didn't have already. Thanks!!

CIMG0511.jpg

Edited by Parrolet

Well I am just super excited by what a little leprechaun left for me (and it's funny how the leprechaun looks an awful lot like my postman)!

First: The May 2006 Geoswag Coin & Pin Club coin. I've never actually seen one of these before (yes, I'm new to this). How fun!

Second: the silver Mt. Rushmore Benchmark coin. This is SO appropriate as my family (gc.com ID: 5littlemonkeys) and I are planning a trip to Mt. Rushmore this summer. We'll have to place it in a cache there and see where it goes!

Third: a 2007 "Luck 'O' The Irish" "Happy St. Patricks Day" coin in the shape of a hat (but not the GC&P expected release). The tag inside the sleeve reads "Castle Coins & Pins" whom I've not heard of. Another learning experience here! What a nifty coin!

Fourth: the Monopoly-board-looking Coin from Geocoin Club, November 2006. My leprecahun knew I was looking for this, I think. Being big-time board game fans, but not joining Geocoin Club myself until the end of December, this was hot on my want list (in fact, this was the coin that made me decide to join Geocoin Club).

And finally, but in no way 'leastly," a personal sig item, with a note to track at sigitem.com. I most definitely will!

This is all super great and fun and I look forward to being involved in another such event.

Thanks everyone (especially GeoSmurfz for organizing, cacheagent for some great advice, LadyBee4T for intercession, and glennk721 just because)! :sad::sad::)

1. Participating (done)

2. Received Name (done)

3. Shipped (done)

4. Recieved (done) Top Coin – Gun, SwissGeoCoin modern Antique Silver, Pot O' Gold w/Andes (YUMMY), GIRL SCOUT'S best cookies ( :sad: SSSSShhhhh, hiding them to myself) thin mints, and this really funky fun leprechaun hat. This was a FUN welcome after a day of work. I had forgotten that I had given my work address and was nicely surprised to get a package.

Leprechaun you did great! You sent me stuff I didn't have already. Thanks!!

I hope it did not spill in the box during transport...bet you were wondering what was in that big box...LOL! Glad you enjoyed!

Edited by DresselDragons

1. Participating (done)

2. Received Name (done)

3. Mission Complete (on its way today, sorry was waiting for coins to come in)

4. Leprechaun Arrived! (Received mine!)

Thank you Secret Leprechaun!!!

Received....

Res2100 #348 (2005)

Cache Slash Fest 2006 (wow when I put this one on my seeking list I was thinking wow would be nice if its possible to get one)

Caching in the Leaves November 2006 Geoswag coin and pin club with the pin! (very nice!)

Thank you!

Cache Agent

PS: Now to go and search my address book of geocoin traders to see if I can figure out who my Secret Leprechaun is!

Sorry for getting mine out so late, will try to send it by a faster service then regular.

I just looked back to the OP, and noticed these had to go out yesterday!! :sad:

I ended up calling in sick to work this morning and going to the doctor, so I might try to get some more bubble mailers tonight or tomorrow. They will be in the mail by Saturday morning at the latest.

I'm going back to bed now.

I wasn't aware of the send out date either. I've had strep throat all week. I'm better now, so I'll send mine out Monday!

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Leprechaun Arrived!

Our secret leprechaun (not so secret) package arrived today! My husband and I were fighting over who got to open it, but I won! :sad:

We received: A sig item from OldNavy59

Families that cache together, stay together geocoin (we cache as a family, so this was great to see!)

One of the Satellite series coins (on our wish list, so another joy to see)

And the most shocking to us (that was on our wishlist)..... A 2006 Compass Rose! :sad:

Thank you so much OldNavy59!! You really made our day!

Edited by BRoKeN W

If I don't sound very excited... I'm currently fighting the flu and don't feel very excitable.... I laid in bed opening envelops last night took all my energy to open the VERY well taped envelops from various people (are you all scared the mailman might peek? shhheeeshhh am certain there was a roll of tape on each envelop!) Looked at the very nice coins this morning that my husband picked up out of the bed from around me... gotta check the bed again to make sure none got over looked. Back to bed for me again.... Happy St. Patty's!

CA

Edited to say

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting the secret package out late... :sad:

Edited by cache agent

I am IN and have email you .

I am sorry you are to late to join this mission. I have explained it to you in the email. Also explained what the mission was and how it worked. I hope you understand what all I sent you so you can maybe join the next mission that comes along. GeoSmurfz

:sad: I received my first Leprechaun delivery today. WOOHOO. One down one to go!!! I honestly don't have a clue who my secret leprechaun is on this one. I did however like one of the postage stamps, it was a 33 cent Tailfins and Chrome with a 57' on it. Very cool. The coins inside were the Tempting The Fates, a Black Nickel Whitebear Bite Me, and an Aucoima Version 2. AWESOME!!! :) I believe that as soon as my daughter sees the Aucoima, it'll be on a chain around her neck. She's a superhero fanatic, and spoiled. I really appreciate the time and effort put into this and the coins are super cool. Thank you to my secret leprechaun. Very well done. :sad:

I did see that both of the packages I had sent made it to their destinations, and am very relieved that the coins were acceptable. I'm looking forward to the next missions, whenever that may be.

EDIT... After a bit of research, I think I know who.... Thanks again.:sad:

Edited by 57chevy

Participation Emails Sent

Secret Leprechaun Missions Rec'd

Research Completed Missions (1 & 2)

Secret Leprechaun Missions Posted (1 & 2, on March 8th)

My first Secret Leprechaun Mission Received

Sent Secret Leprechaun Missions Received ...not yet...

Thank you so very much to my first Secret (or not so) 'Leprechaun In Alaska' Ladybug Kids - what an awesome gift. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I received:

2006 Alaska GeoCoin (bronze)

2006 Alaska Christmas GeoCoin (silver) <-- this is such a cool coin!!!

LFD's Caught Red-Handed Traveling GeoCoin

2007 Alaska Micro GeoCoin - soo true... same can be said for areas of NZ - the mozzies just love fresh meat!

a second 2007 Alaska Micro to release (I'm honoured to do so for you)

and pins for the 2007 Alaska Micro's.

This was an ulterly awesome package to open - I was able to move a few items off my seeking list. Thank you Ladybug Kids!

1. Participating (done)

2. Received Name (done)

3. Mission Complete (at the post office was informed it will go out Monday at 3:00pm and it should arrive on time... if not closely late)

4. Leprechaun Arrived! (Received mine!)

Feeling a bit better, but soar throat and starting to loose my voice a bit, hubby was thanking god last night when I starting to loose it.... :laughing:

Update...

Participation Emails Sent

Secret Leprechaun Missions Rec'd

Research Completed (Missions 1 & 2)

Secret Leprechaun Missions Posted (1 & 2, on March 8th)

I have Received Secret Leprechaun Missions

Sent Secret Leprechaun Missions Received ...not yet...

I received my Secret Leprechaun package today and it was a pretty full load. I got:

1. Alberta Rose coin, on my wish list.

2. Team Alamo 1-2 coin, on my wish list.

3. Free Die Side coin.

4. A GeoSmurfz trackable sig item.

5. SeabeckTribe sig item.

6. Slowdownracer sig item.

:blink: All very cool items. Thank you very much Secret Leprechaun for all the goodies!!!!

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Shipped Today

4. Secret Leprechaun Package--ARRIVED!!! :blink:

My Secret Leprechaun is really a secret! I have no idea where it came from or from whom. I thank you mystery person, very much! I got:

• Camo 2006 Film Cannister
  • Motogrrl Memorial Coin

Thank you so much for both of these wonderful coins!

Edited by BisonWoman

Checking in, also. Was it that everyone in the country was sick either last week or the week before? Throw me in that boat as far as excuses go, but my package was sent out this weekend, if not a couple days late *hides*. So:

1. Participating: Done

2. Received Name: Done

3. Mission Complete: Done

4. Leprechaun Arrived: Looking forward to it.

Hello? Mr Leprechaun?

I think my postman hates me. I'm meant to have about 20 coins coming my way (last week), and a little green man, but nothing comes. Just an empty mailbox. Not even any bills. :blink:

No, I lie, I do have some junk mail, but that's not brought by the postman. Anyone know of any good tactics to encourage mailmen to visit?

Update:

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Leprechaun Arrived!

My package arrived yesterday and I couldn't be more surprised! My Leprechaun did better than he might realize. I thought it was kind of cool that one of the stamps on the envelope was a Boy Scout commemorative stamp. That'll definitely go into my stamp collection! In the package were two great coins I don't already have in my collection. A 2006 North Carolina micro and a Navstar. Thank you for some excellent coins that I will share with others. I really like Crake's designs and I have not seen the micro before other than in pictures.

Here's the first kicker. There was a second package in the envelope. Apparently I've made it known that I might be somehow associated with the Boy Scout program. The second package contained a Hoxie Scout coin that my Leprechaun wants me to release - Heck yeah! I'm very pleased to do so! Also in the second package was a BSA council strip from my senders local Scout council and a 2006 NOAC (National Order of the Arrow Conference) lodge flap from his OA lodge. Geocachers collect coins and Scouts collect patches. These are very nice designs and are welcome additions to the patches that my son and I have collected.

One more thing, and actually the best part for me. There was another small zip-loc baggie in the package. Inside were various tokens that at first I thought were old script from coal mine companies (we see a lot of that in this part of the country and they have an interesting history all of their own). But no, these were transportation tokens from a time long forgotten in most areas of the country. My great uncle drove a trolley for many years. One of the tokens in the baggie was from one of the lines in Canton, OH, where I also have family members directly related to that uncle. That token from that town brought back many childhood memories of a very wonderful man and great times spent in Canton. For that I can not thank you enough.

Yesterday was a good day thanks to my Leprechaun.

I was just home a few minutes in my lunchbreak for walking the dog when the postman put some letters through the mailbox. As everybody in this thread i was curiues if there was something from my secret leprechaun. AND THERE WAS!!

I tore open the bubble envelope and there were two great coins and a pin. I will have to look closer this evening but i think it was a Top40 coin and a Carolina coin plus pin.

Thankyou friend from across the great pond. Thank you so much.

Geosmurfz , thank you for organising this mission!

Still waiting for my coins to arrive

EDITJust checking someones tradelist and i think the pin is not a pin but a very very nice micro :rolleyes:

Will have to check a bit better this evening :rolleyes:

Edited by delta123

Checking in, also. Was it that everyone in the country was sick either last week or the week before? Throw me in that boat as far as excuses go, but my package was sent out this weekend, if not a couple days late *hides*. So:

1. Participating: Done

2. Received Name: Done

3. Mission Complete: Done

4. Leprechaun Arrived: Looking forward to it.

Im anotherone still waiting

i finally felt good enough to go out to the store today... got 3 10pks of bubble mailers, and got to see a mustang plow right into this other girl's car... spun her completely around, and into another vehicle in the oncoming traffic... girl driving the mustang was going at least 70, burning rubber...

anyway, my packages will be going out tomorrow... i hope they get there on time... i hate being sick :rolleyes:

edit to add : this accident was in a PARKING LOT! we can't believe how fast she was going... glad there weren't any kids running around...

Edited by ~tasia~

i finally felt good enough to go out to the store today... got 3 10pks of bubble mailers, and got to see a mustang plow right into this other girl's car... spun her completely around, and into another vehicle in the oncoming traffic... girl driving the mustang was going at least 70, burning rubber...

anyway, my packages will be going out tomorrow... i hope they get there on time... i hate being sick :rolleyes:

To bad you live in AL. There is a girl here that has a mustang and I wish it would have been her car. I am sick of hearing about her car.

Anyway back to you being sick. I hope you're feeling better. Seems like everyone has caught the GeoBug at the same time.