Lost coin at Geocoinfest!

TheAlabamaRambler

Somehow during the very active trading day at GeocoinFest I let my 2004 Alabama Geocachers Association (AGA) coin #AGA00001 get away from me!

I had my collection and my trade coins next to each other on a table so someone could easily have mistaken it for a trade coin I suppose.

This coin is trackable on Travelertags.com but no one has logged it.

If you find this coin please return it to me!

This is #1 of the first coin minted by the AGA and travels in my coin collection to be logged at events.

I hope that it can be recovered!

Thanks!

Ed

edmanley@bham.rr.com

205-914-6814

When I saw your table, Ed, I thought you to be the most trusting fellow to have all those coins scattered like that. When others were holding theirs closely you just had yours out there for all to see, touch and handle. It would be terrible if someone took advantage. Hopefully it was a simple mistake and your coin will turn up again.

Edited by Droo

When I saw your table, Ed, I thought you to be the most trusting fellow to have all those coins scattered like that. When others were holding theirs closely you just had yours out there for all to see, touch and handle. It would be terrible if someone took advantage. Hopefully it was a simple mistake and your coin will turn up again.

I had the same thought, hopefully it will turn up. Hopefully it was just a simple mistake.

I really do hope it was a simple mistake and it turns up. It would be sad to think that a fellow cacher would be dishonest and steal coins.

Sadly, if people will steal them out of caches I guess there is no reason they wouldn't steal them off a table too (although that's a lot more brazen).

I really hope that it turns up and is just a mistake.

It will show up eventually! No, I don't for a minute believe it was intentional. :rolleyes:

I put my collection out at every event and walk away to socialize and visit and never have a problem.

I usually have one bag with activated collectables in it and another with unactivated trade coins and tell folks to trade for what they like out of the trade bag. Easy to get something confused like that.

I couldn't enjoy events the way I do if I couldn't do that - geocachers rock!

bumpity bump

It was a real pleasure meeting you at the GeocoinFest Ed and I want to thank you for everything. I hope that this coin turns up, I can't imagine that someone would try and keep this coin, we know where it belongs, with you. I am still down here in California with the family and I imagine there are others who have yet to return home so don't give up. If we keep this thread up your coin will show up.

Ed,

Perhaps this isn't exactly a great idea, but I see you posted your Phone number...

but, if you posted an address in the thread... maybe it would help.

If someone does find it in their collection, it might be too embarrassing for them to come forward.

This gives a chance for it to be returned anonymously.

Unfortunately, this is a rare #1 coin, which can't be replaced.

I really hope, it finds it's way back to you.

Ed,

Perhaps this isn't exactly a great idea, but I see you posted your Phone number...

but, if you posted an address in the thread... maybe it would help.

If someone does find it in their collection, it might be too embarrassing for them to come forward.

This gives a chance for it to be returned anonymously.

Unfortunately, this is a rare #1 coin, which can't be replaced.

I really hope, it finds it's way back to you.

If for whatever reason amnesty and anonymity are desired, just drop it in the mail!

Ed Manley

1512 Monticello Road

Irondale, Al. 35210

Good Idea :P:o