CACHE IDEA'S?

Charles Iverson

I am thinking on placing my4th cache

and i wanted it to be a special cache made with the ideas from fellow Geocachers..

it will be placed in an ammo can.

and i live on the Oregon coast..

any ideas??

1.Location.

(on the beach, over a steep cliff, in a tree, ect...)

2. The Skill level.

( how well its hid)

3. What type it should be.

(Traditional Cache, Multi-Cache. Mystery or Puzzle Cache)

ready, set, go...

Edited by Charles Iverson

I have done a number of caches along the Oregon coast. Some were good, some weren't.

My first rule for cache placement would be finding a place that has a great view. There are so many along the coast, you should try for one. I would like to see one along a trail leading from one of the many free rest stops along the coast so I could get to a view I would otherwise miss. Once you have a location, then start worrying about the type of hide. Many times the location will dictate the hide. Speaking for myself, I would rather see it done that way, than have the hide dictate the location.

Location goes without saying. If you have a large area of soft sand near the beach, consider burying an ammo can. As long as you don’t use a pointy object to dig, you shouldn’t have problems getting it approved. To find the cache, a person goes to each of three locations and walks on a given heading, shuffling their feet as they move. This makes a line in the sand. The place where all three lines converge is where they’ll find the cache.

Location goes without saying.

I wish! <_< I won't go out of my way to do a lame light pole skirt or a guardrail cache, but won't pass them up if I'm going right by one. Between the recent events in Temecula and my road trip from San Diego to WA, I've done so many lame meaningless caches in the last week that I've completely lost count and can't even remember most of them. There were some good ones too, but it would seem that location isn't being said nearly enough.

I have a suggestion for a great location (IMHO). About 1000 feet North of Arch Cape Cache (GC1383). This might be a good place for a multi with the first stage hidden within the arch.

If you want to put a hide near the top of Saddle Mountain to replace the one that was muggled and archived it would be appreciated. I had fun up there even though the cache was stolen or tossed off a cliff.

Tom Fuller

I have a suggestion for a great location (IMHO). About 1000 feet North of Arch Cape Cache (GC1383). This might be a good place for a multi with the first stage hidden within the arch.

If you want to put a hide near the top of Saddle Mountain to replace the one that was muggled and archived it would be appreciated. I had fun up there even though the cache was stolen or tossed off a cliff.

Tom Fuller

i will go look in to that out tom..

thanks