Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GordEtob

I need a Ham radio operator to send an NTS message to complete a cache

I have found a cache called NTS (GCT4RR) in Ontario, Canada, but one of the requirements before I can log a "find" is to send an NTS message via an amateur radio operator to the cache owner (who is also an amateur operator) telling him that I've found the cache.

Is there anyone willing to send such a message for me? The only rule is that if you've sent a message for this cache on behalf of someone else, then you can't do it a second time.

Thanks!

GordEtob (my caching name)

I have found a cache called NTS (GCT4RR) in Ontario, Canada, but one of the requirements before I can log a "find" is to send an NTS message via an amateur radio operator to the cache owner (who is also an amateur operator) telling him that I've found the cache.

Is there anyone willing to send such a message for me? The only rule is that if you've sent a message for this cache on behalf of someone else, then you can't do it a second time.

Thanks!

GordEtob (my caching name)

What is his call sign????

His call sign is VA3UPL.

I guess a simple message woud do...something like "Hi Keith, I found your NTS cache. GordEtob"

Let me know if you can send the message out, or if there are rules as to how a message like this must be worded.

(Good old Tennessee! You guys really are the "volunteer" state!)

Thanks very much,

Gord

His call sign is VA3UPL.

I guess a simple message woud do...something like "Hi Keith, I found your NTS cache. GordEtob"

Let me know if you can send the message out, or if there are rules as to how a message like this must be worded.

(Good old Tennessee! You guys really are the "volunteer" state!)

Thanks very much,

Gord

Iwill see what I can do. That is a Canadian call sign just in case you were wondering...:laughing:

Do you really need to do that? That's strange. Why would they require such thing?

I don't know -- you'll have to ask the cache owner that!

Do you really need to do that? That's strange. Why would they require such thing?

The cache is themed after the Amateur Radio Emergency Service, and the use of National Traffic System messaging. The cache owner wants non-Amateurs to learn about how this system can benefit people in an emergency, and for Amateur Radio Operators to get some practice using NTS.

Think of it as a physical with a virtual - ie, you must email the cache owner, but using a specific method.

My .02, as one of the people that routinely caches with the cache owner.

Northernpenguin, VA3GDP