Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
b_storch

South Texas Ham

Hello all,

I have recently become interested in your fine hobby, and am thinking about getting a license. I was wondering if anyone could tell me some good groups in the Houston area to meet with so I can kind of feel things out and decide what I want to do, and also get started in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

I have recently become interested in your fine hobby, and am thinking about getting a license. I was wondering if anyone could tell me some good groups in the Houston area to meet with so I can kind of feel things out and decide what I want to do, and also get started in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

I can't check on groups in your area right now (I have to make a burrito run shortly) but I can tell you that getting your Tech ticket is pretty easy. Get the ARRL Technicians book from Amazon or arrl.org and study it for a couple of weeks. You can find a group offering the test on ARRL's website. I took mine in about ten minutes and had my ticket in about a week. A nice HT will run you about $150 to $325 to take while caching.