Help--quick--unlock code question!

Boolala

Just received my City Nav and I need a 25 digit unlock code. The only unlock code that came with it is a 8 digit code. I mean it even says, "Your unlock codes are inside"--so I saved everything but it only has a 8 digit number. What's up with that! I see no numbers that will add to 25. When I go to the program on my laptop, it asked, "Do you have a 25 digit unlock code" or "Do you need to obtain a 25 digit code and redeem a 8 digit coupon code"--is this what I have to do since the code that came with my City Nav is only 8 dgits?"--they should have made this more confusing that's for sure! :(

The 8 digit coupon code will give you two 25 digit unlock codes. You redeem the coupon for however many unlock codes you need, one or two, through the Internet-connected Unlock Wizard or by calling Garmin.

You will need one unlock code for each GPSr you use. After unlocking the maps, run the unlock wizard and choose the option to save your unlock codes to a text file. You can then use that text file to import the unlock code to another computer, if you have one. The other computer will only support the GPSr(s) that you have unlock codes for, however.

Edited by pcunningham