When do I graduate?

Yno

I know all forums have different ironclad rules, but I don't remember reading this one in my contract. :D

I have been caching for two months, have over two hundred finds, and forty posts. No, I am NOT addicted! Unfortunately, I don't have any hides yet. :D

So, what is the general consensus? When is a newbie no longer a newbie? And yes, I spent at least three minutes doing a search, and didn't find this topic addressed lately.

I know all forums have different ironclad rules, but I don't remember reading this one in my contract. :D

I have been caching for two months, have over two hundred finds, and forty posts. No, I am NOT addicted! Unfortunately, I don't have any hides yet. :D

So, what is the general consensus? When is a newbie no longer a newbie? And yes, I spent at least three minutes doing a search, and didn't find this topic addressed lately.

When you no longer feel like a newbie.

When you post such a topic out of the "getting started" forum. :D

Seriously, I don't think there is any consensus about that. If you still feel new - you are. If you feel a bit more seasoned then a newbie - you are. No one answer to all cachers.

...and clearly a moving target - those of us that have been around for a while will tell you that folks that had 200+ finds back in 2002 seemed like vetrans and a goal to look forward to. It took me a bit over 3 years to get to 200 finds. Rural area and caches that are few and far between.

BTW - welcome to our addiction!!

I actually don't consider myself a newbie as long as I can look at newbie postings and laugh at them (the postings, not the posters), and I get to do that a lot.

I am in a really cache rich area, so it was easy to get the first 200. It is difficult to find good places to hide things. Now that I am into this, it is interesting to see how many caches there really are out there. I do have a couple of places in mind, though. I just don't want my first hides to be lame.

210 finds, 0 Geocoins, 1 Travel bug, and 0 hides... Hmmm, do you feel like a newb?

All your cache finds were traditional, 0 multi, 0 puzzle, 0 event or 0 anything else. All your finds are in California, a state with a gazillion caches. Checking some areas there, a cacher could find 200 caches easily in a 5 mile radius without even breaking a sweat. :huh: Did you even make it 50 miles from home? :huh: Were they all urban caches? :D Two months with 200 finds is pretty impressive though. I felt pretty good just hitting 50 but I covered alot of miles for that 50... alot of miles.

Try some of the other things in the game. Do a multi or mystery cache :D , send out your own personal TB :D on its own unique quest, or partake in a CITO event. :D

As far as traditional caches though I think you graduated from newb long before 200 :D .