Microsd cards

jabawokee

I use a 2GB microsSD card with all the UK Topo v2 maps on. I can't quite remember, because I fiddled with one or two of the map tiles containing purely sea, but I think it weighed in around 1.7GB of space for all of them. With a couple of lower detail world maps as well you don't get much space left on a 2GB chip.

Hope this helps.

I have England and Wales on a 1GB Sandisk card. I've stayed away from 2GB as until very recently they were 3 times the price (or more) of 1GB and I haven't been to Scotland since I don't remember when. <_<

I have just bought a Kingston 1GB card for £6.39 delivered from w2w.com though they are taking a while to deliver it.

I will use the second card in my pen drive when I'm not in Scotland. :( My son has a Nintendo DS which also utilizes MicroSD cards, so we have a faster SanDisk Ultra II also. Do NOT buy a SanDisk Ultra II for your Garmin as the Garmin fries it. :( I can speak of this from first hand experience. Garmin have now eventually announced this incompatibility.

The other thing is that the prices are falling so fast at the moment that it's not worth spending a great deal as you'll probably find one in your cracker next Christmas. <_<

My MicroSD 2GB chip and USB2 reader came from here. You can probably squeeze another couple of quid out of the prices elsewhere, but generally this is pretty good.

http://www.mobymemory.com/proddetail.asp?p...048%5FBundleBuy

Ordered a 2gb micro sd and usb2 reader yesterday at noon and it arrived this morning, just started loading the whole of the country onto it (estimated time remaining 2hrs)

My MicroSD 2GB chip and USB2 reader came from here. You can probably squeeze another couple of quid out of the prices elsewhere, but generally this is pretty good.

Ordered a 2gb micro sd and usb2 reader yesterday at noon and it arrived this morning, just started loading the whole of the country onto it (estimated time remaining 2hrs)

Excellent all done :anibad: no problems and a fraction of the time using the additional card reader,

Now has anyone any idea how I can get more caches onto the unit?

Excellent all done :sad: no problems and a fraction of the time using the additional card reader,

Now has anyone any idea how I can get more caches onto the unit?

but that’s the SanDisc SD card!! The Extreme II is NOT recommended by Garmin for the 60CSX.. it will damage your unit. Though they mention the Extreme II, I would be very wary of even using SanDisk non-Extreme versions.

I've looked at various San disk micro sd cards and can't find the extreme card I am being warned about for the 60csx but can see Ultra 2 cards and also cards with no reference to Extreme or 2 but are "transflash" cards. Can any learned person please give a definitive to what is and isn't ok for the Garmin 60csx.

Ta.

I've looked at various San disk micro sd cards and can't find the extreme card I am being warned about for the 60csx but can see Ultra 2 cards and also cards with no reference to Extreme or 2 but are "transflash" cards. Can any learned person please give a definitive to what is and isn't ok for the Garmin 60csx.

Ta.

SanDisk Ultra II is a faster card, but is NOT compatible. See my post above. Garmin took a long, long time to tell us this was incompatable, by which time I had found out the hard way.

I've never heard of SanDisk microSD Extreme.

I have the regular SanDisk (1GB version of the one in shr00m's link) and this works perfectly. I am not aware of any statement from Garmin that this card is not compatible.

Transflash is the legacy name for the media type. It really denotes a slower card, but is often used interchangably with the term microSD.

Sorry to drag this up again but have we got a consensus about which microsd card to use yet, please?

I just buy whatever's cheapest. I just got a 4gb card for £20, I can't remember the brand or speed (but I always format them with large clusters, 32kb or so, because that makes them work faster). It's working just fine, I got it from Scan. (www.scan.co.uk).

I just buy whatever's cheapest. I just got a 4gb card for £20, I can't remember the brand or speed (but I always format them with large clusters, 32kb or so, because that makes them work faster). It's working just fine, I got it from Scan. (www.scan.co.uk).

Many thanks :(