What Is a Platinum Membership ?

TexasGringo

First rule of "platinum membership" is:

You do not talk about platinum membership!

2nd RULE:

You DO NOT talk about platinum membership!

:rolleyes:

Which answers the question about whether anyone who has responded to this question is a PLAT member....obviously NOT or they would all be dead
To quote our illustrious leader, "Money trumps peace" or in this case, "Money trumps death". Edited by sbell111

Which answers the question about whether anyone who has responded to this question is a PLAT member....obviously NOT or they would all be dead

Ooops...

Then strike my last post.

I did'nt post in this thread. :D

Oooops, I did it again...

(Shaving my head) :rolleyes:

But anyhooo... Isn't time to close this thread?

We don't want the secret to come out now, do we? :P

Platinum Members have to take care of ALL server issues! :rolleyes: ImpalaBob

platinum membership AND a new job??? sign me up!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

no, really, please sign me up.

please?

If you have to ask, you'll never make it to the officially non-existent membership level. And begging removes you from any future consideration... :wub: Of course, since Platinum Membership "doesn't exist" this post is meaningless...

please?

If you have to ask, you'll never make it to the officially non-existent membership level. And begging removes you from any future consideration... :wub: Of course, since Platinum Membership "doesn't exist" this post is meaningless...

Just to back up the Jester's comments here... I begged and pleaded to get the platinum membership... I paid the extra fee... I washed all the cars I was told to wash and jumped through all the other hoops. But... because I was so hungry for it, they wouldn't give it to me... instead they downgraded my membership to "Rusty Aluminum". Now I just dream of someday having a regular membership back. :wub:

:D

please?

Just to back up the Jester's comments here... I begged and pleaded to get the platinum membership... I paid the extra fee... I washed all the cars I was told to wash and jumped through all the other hoops. But... because I was so hungry for it, they wouldn't give it to me... instead they downgraded my membership to "Rusty Aluminum". Now I just dream of someday having a regular membership back. :wub:

I wasn't begging for the p******m membership so much as for the new job!

(I didn't say that)

(unless I can get the job, then I did say it)

(unless my boss sees this, then I didn't say it)

I accidentally subscribed to Groundspeak twice and I only got a premium membership. lol I noticed a deduction on my paypal act for 2 subscriptions so i canceled one of them since I didn't get a platinum membership. No really, that did happen. I was a double premium member for the month of january!

If you pay twice, it just pushes your term date back.

"...And by the Sacred Parchment, I swear that if I reveal the secrets of the Platinum membership, may my stomach become bloated and my head be plucked of all but three hairs."

It's true I tell you. That's what happened to ME! I'l never tell again.........

Oh, crap. I did it again. I mean........ Uh, I was just kidding.

Edited by Thrak

To my great dismay, I noticed this afternoon that this thread was somehow resurrected again, that is, bumped up out of limbo. This is not good, in my eyes, and in the eyes of those who know more about the situation, and it should come to an end. I urge you: please allow this entire matter to die a peaceful death -- there is absolutely no need to ever be discussing that grade of membership in a public forum.

Truth be told, I've overheard conversations at events about this thing. There's talk about the cacher in Kansas that is still undergoing treatment from "The Initation." :D

Again, I urge you, please stop discussing these matters in public. Too much has been said already. I too at times hear the idle talk at events about this matter, and it makes me cringe every time I overhear such a conversation, for such public discussion and gossip-mongering is not right.

Truth be told, I've overheard conversations at events about this thing. There's talk about the cacher in Kansas that is still undergoing treatment from "The Initation." :huh:

Again, I urge you, please stop discussing these matters in public. Too much has been said already. I too at times hear the idle talk at events about this matter, and it makes me cringe every time I overhear such a conversation, for such public discussion and gossip-mongering is not right.

I quite agree, there has been way too much loose talk about this. It's just a good thing nothing has been said about the Iridium Membership.

Truth be told, I've overheard conversations at events about this thing. There's talk about the cacher in Kansas that is still undergoing treatment from "The Initation." :huh:

I quite agree, there has been way too much loose talk about this. It's just a good thing nothing has been said about the Iridium Membership.

Please immediately cease and desist all mention of that level; a PM is on the way which will expalin more about the conditions and requirements by which you are bound.

Hey, when you get to be a Plutonium Member you can talk about it all you want. No one can touch you, so your immune to all corrective action. However I hear it is short lived.

Sigh! Why must I keep repeating myself? Please be reminded of the terms of your advanced membership(s): it is verboten to discuss even the existence of platinum, iridium, plutonium or polonium membership(s) on the forums or in any public venue. Thank you.

Hey, when you get to be a Plutonium Member you can talk about it all you want. No one can touch you, so your immune to all corrective action. However I hear it is short lived.

Sigh! Why must I keep repeating myself? Please be reminded of the terms of your advanced membership(s): it is verboten to discuss even the existence of platinum, iridium, plutonium or polonium membership(s) on the forums or in any public venue. Thank you.

Heh... you just mentioned the polonium membership... ha ha!! (said in the manner of Nelson).

Good thing about the Rusty Aluminum membership... I can talk about it all I want and not get in trouble... as a matter of fact TPTB usually point and snicker when I do mention it. Now that I think about... I probably shouldn't mention it just for that reason.

Great... now I'm sad!! :anitongue:

To the best of my knowledge platinum, iridium, plutonium and polonium memberships do NOT exist.

(wink, wink)

Show's just how much you know. :ph34r:

Three of the four do exist.

Sorry vinny.

We can tell what level your membership is by that mis-informed post. Actually five of the four exist - and I'm not going to say anything more on that topic! :sad:

Sorry, but once you have been upgraded to black membership you kinda forget about the lesser levels. :sad::(

I probably shouldn't mention this here but, I finally received all my p,,,,,,,,, membership materials in the mail yesterday. Was so excited but found that my fez was too big.

dcd48806-ed2d-4948-8e4c-f1aaae05b21e.jpg

Now i'm being told that one size fits all and that i either wear it or forfeit my membership and never speak of p,,,,,,,,, membership again. What should i do??? :laughing:

I probably shouldn't mention this here but, I finally received all my p,,,,,,,,, membership materials in the mail yesterday. Was so excited but found that my fez was too big.

Now i'm being told that one size fits all and that i either wear it or forfeit my membership and never speak of p,,,,,,,,, membership again. What should i do??? :laughing:

The real issue here is that you aren't READY for P------- Membership yet. Your head has not grown to the proper proportions. Try again next year.

Are y'all telling me the suitable-for-framing Rusty Aluminum Membership Certificate and water-resistant Wallet Card personally signed by Heidi that I paid Raine $172. for is bogus?

I don't think so!

Nah it's not bogus at all. I'm sure you can impress lots of 'bama cacher with it/ :laughing:

Are y'all telling me the suitable-for-framing Rusty Aluminum Membership Certificate and water-resistant Wallet Card personally signed by Heidi that I paid Raine $172. for is bogus?

I don't think so!

Nah it's not bogus at all. I'm sure you can impress lots of 'bama cacher with it/ :laughing:

Well, ther ya go, hit'll be wurth the money fer that rat ther.

Show's just how much you know. :(

Three of the four do exist.

Sorry vinny.

We can tell what level your membership is by that mis-informed post. Actually five of the four exist - and I'm not going to say anything more on that topic! :P

Sorry, but once you have been upgraded to black membership you kinda forget about the lesser levels. :o:blink:

I quite agree, and I wish to thank you again for being one of my two sponsors.

I don't think so!

The Rusty Aluminum Membership is certainly not bogus... I have reaped all of the benefits... such as:

1) handwriting all of the information from pocket queries (luckily the RAM is limited to 5 caches per PQ and only 1 PQ a week... whew!!);

2) only able to access the website at 14.4 kbs speeds;

3) all cache coords are automatically 100ft off

4) everytime one our hides has been found, we have to pay a small price (either money or services) to the finder.

5) putting up with the promise of getting our regular membership back if we just try a "Little bit harder" (but we all know it's never enough)

I finaly got my platinum membership card!!!!!

What is that beeping coming from it??

hold on somebody is at the door

Please ignore this post I was mistaken there is not platinum membership

where should we hide his body????

I've read this entire thread and had a few laughs. More importantly, I read between the lines and decided to pursue this elite, mysterious, membership.

I can only write that the tasks I had to carry out at Groundspeak Headquarters were tolerable. (Although cleaning up after the "Caligula Party" required me to double glove and throw away my shoes.)

But the benefits are well worth the effort.

I am looking forward to meeting the other new initiates at the Vernal Equinox Event.

Edited by JoesBar