Go caching - find my ring - get a $250 reward

CaverScott

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...00-738ea242329e

After replacing the cache, CaverScott noticed that his hands were rather dirty and used the snow to wash them off. Later on, after driving for about 20 minutes, he realized his wedding band had vanished! We think he lost it when using the snow to clean his hands. So we turned around after driving about 15 miles and systematically dug through the snow in hopes of finding it. No luck. :huh:

NOTE TO CACHERS: We live in Birmingham, Alabama. This is a custom wedding band that is engraved with a caving scene; therefore, we are offering a $250.00 reward for finding the ring. If it fell off there, it was between the guardrail and the cache.

NOTE TO CACHERS: We live in Birmingham, Alabama. This is a custom wedding band that is engraved with a caving scene; therefore, we are offering a $250.00 reward for finding the ring. If it fell off there, it was between the guardrail and the cache.

I wish I was a little closer; that's a fur piece to drive. Would this be considered a micro??? :huh:

JohnTee

Good luck, my Brother in Law lost his ring several years ago and even with a metal detector we never found it.

On a similar line a cacher lost his Magiite searching for one of my hides this fall, I've loooked for it several times now with no luck, I know it's under the leaves somewhere but it's a big woods.

And Alalbama is to far for me to travel now but I'm surprised you have snow down there. :blink:

After replacing the cache, CaverScott noticed that his hands were rather dirty and used the snow to wash them off. Later on, after driving for about 20 minutes, he realized his wedding band had vanished! We think he lost it when using the snow to clean his hands.[/b]

Oh sure. You're not falling for that old story are you. :blink:

Hope someone can find it for you.

After replacing the cache, CaverScott noticed that his hands were rather dirty and used the snow to wash them off. Later on, after driving for about 20 minutes, he realized his wedding band had vanished! We think he lost it when using the snow to clean his hands. So we turned around after driving about 15 miles and systematically dug through the snow in hopes of finding it. No luck. :rolleyes:

What color, gold, silver, platnum? what color are the jewels? red? diamond?

I'm no jewelry expert, so I have no idea if there is standard for wedding bands.

I live near cincinnati and will search as soon as possible. Please send as much information as you can remember, which way were you facing when washing hands, how close to road, how close to guard rail, etc...

After replacing the cache, CaverScott noticed that his hands were rather dirty and used the snow to wash them off. Later on, after driving for about 20 minutes, he realized his wedding band had vanished! We think he lost it when using the snow to clean his hands. So we turned around after driving about 15 miles and systematically dug through the snow in hopes of finding it. No luck. :rolleyes:

I am SOOOOO GLAD I'm not the only one!! I lost mine too while traveling across southern Michigan. I actually checked out this area of the forums just in case...

hey, this could be a pretty good excuse for trading caching regions... I'll look for yours, you look for mine!! ~Mrs."We Two"

What color, gold, silver, platnum? what color are the jewels? red? diamond?

I'm no jewelry expert, so I have no idea if there is standard for wedding bands.

I live near cincinnati and will search as soon as possible. Please send as much information as you can remember, which way were you facing when washing hands, how close to road, how close to guard rail, etc...

White Gold. No jewels.

With left side of body to cache, I used the snow in front of me to clean my hands. I walked up the hill a few steps and also used some snow there, before I crossed the guardrail. The entire walk was maybe 10 steps at most. I crossed the guardrail near the bridge. We parked at the bottom on the nearby driveway.

I had a "detectionist" on site last month and he could not find it. We think it may have been lost at the ski resort (Perfect North).

The reward is still up for grabs!