Our first Mega Event :-)

Just logged on to find that the fab event we went to in Temecular this afternoon (link) has just been approved as a Mega Event. We all had to sign an event logbook stating how many people were in the team attanding.

As far as I know Groundspeak required this to show the minimum of 500 attendees which I'm sure they easily exceeded as there were tons of people in the building and a huge line outside waiting to get in.

Thanks to Dave and the Temecular Valley Committee for organising such a great event - we had a great time and are delighted with our new icon :huh:.

Saw your log for the cache, congrats on the new icon! Can't be many UK cachers who have attended a mega yet

Seems odd that some events have to start out normal and go mega, whereas some are listed as mega from the start.

Just like last year, we are going to have to wait until CITO day to finish off our cache icon collection, until they create another new cache type that is.....!

Yes - we mt up with Sonny and Sandy at the GeocoinFest 2007 on Saturday and they recorded a show intro from us and a brief question and answer section for the show. Hope it comes out ok as I was *very* nervous as I'm a shy retiring type that does not really like that kind of thing.

Here's a picture of us with them at the event:

e35d6ae1-1de3-4b60-a17a-9320f3cfb99c.jpg

Just noticed that the Podcacher Show 92 'Live from Temecula' lists an interview with you! Will check that out when I get home!

Pocacher Homepage

It was a great meet - we were made to feel like we'd been local cachers for a long time as everyone was so welcoming. We met loads of cache owners whose caches we've done over the last few weeks and lots of other cachers who'd seen our logs came over to welcome us :blink:.

We saw Team Alamo at the Saturday event as they won a raffle prize - 20,000 finds is *some* going!

The only others I know at that level are CCCooperAgency who were the world #1 in terms of finds but were overtaken by Team Alamo a few months ago. Not sure if they are back on top or not as GC.com is now timing out when I try and look.

Wow, sounds like a great meet. Was just having a scroll through some of the logs and saw the Team Alamo log and they have 20,000 finds! <Jaw drop>.

Was just wondering if anyone had spotted anyone with more finds?

Edited by The Bolas Heathens

Yes - we mt up with Sonny and Sandy at the GeocoinFest 2007 on Saturday and they recorded a show intro from us and a brief question and answer section for the show. Hope it comes out ok as I was *very* nervous as I'm a shy retiring type that does not really like that kind of thing.

Here's a picture of us with them at the event:

e35d6ae1-1de3-4b60-a17a-9320f3cfb99c.jpg

Just noticed that the Podcacher Show 92 'Live from Temecula' lists an interview with you! Will check that out when I get home!

Pocacher Homepage

Just listened to the interview on Podcacher. You guys came across very well! Its wierd how strange an English accent sounds to someone from england! I guess when you are used to this podcast being almost entirely american....

Saw your log for the cache, congrats on the new icon! Can't be many UK cachers who have attended a mega yet

Seems odd that some events have to start out normal and go mega, whereas some are listed as mega from the start.

Just like last year, we are going to have to wait until CITO day to finish off our cache icon collection, until they create another new cache type that is.....!

but you've done a CITO... :signalviolin: haven't you?

Yeah, and at the time it was the last icon we needed for a full set, then they created the mega event.

We are headed out to Holland to attend a mega event on April 14th, which I have since realised is CITO day 2007.

Doh - I've looked at the UK page on that site a few times but never thought to look at the rest of it.

I've just been looking at thier pictures and we bumped into Team Alamo on one of the caches on Sunday but did not realise it. They had a big 4x4 and had parked right by the cache which was down a rough track we could not take our rental car down (not insured).

I find the best place to look for top rankings is here, which shows Team Alamo is still top.

Just logged on to find that the fab event we went to in Temecular this afternoon (link) has just been approved as a Mega Event. We all had to sign an event logbook stating how many people were in the team attanding.

As far as I know Groundspeak required this to show the minimum of 500 attendees which I'm sure they easily exceeded as there were tons of people in the building and a huge line outside waiting to get in.

Thanks to Dave and the Temecular Valley Committee for organising such a great event - we had a great time and are delighted with our new icon :signalviolin:.

Well done guys, we heard you on the podcache pod cast :mmraspberry:. I do hope you don't get muggled like that again, sounds like there was nothing you could have done to prevent the bomb squad moving in. All sounds like you had a fantastic time, and I was interested in how the yanks caching differs to us brits ie tupperware vs the yanks more inventive containers.

Aye Aye

Edited by fraggle69

Yeah, and at the time it was the last icon we needed for a full set, then they created the mega event.

We are headed out to Holland to attend a mega event on April 14th, which I have since realised is CITO day 2007.

ah, gotcha! lucky you - some of us are gonna have to wait a while for that icon!