AARRGGHH! I couldn't stop myself...!

AZcachemeister

I'll admit it, I've been holding off doing any Benchmark Hunting lately.

Gotta save those new finds for the contest, right?

On an outing yesterday, I 'just had to' find a few marks...I needed a fix real bad!

No problem, just giving up a few points, big deal.

As it turned out, two of the four marks were noted 'Not Found' by the NGS in 1982!

W 27 / DU0388

P 20 / DU0387

If that weren't bad enough, the other two marks' designations started with a '2', and an 'R'!

Anyone else out there shooting themselves in the foot?

I'll admit it, I've been holding off doing any Benchmark Hunting lately.

Gotta save those new finds for the contest, right?

On an outing yesterday, I 'just had to' find a few marks...I needed a fix real bad!

No problem, just giving up a few points, big deal.

As it turned out, two of the four marks were noted 'Not Found' by the NGS in 1982!

W 27 / DU0388

P 20 / DU0387

If that weren't bad enough, the other two marks' designations started with a '2', and an 'R'!

Anyone else out there shooting themselves in the foot?

z7shysterical.gif

Giving the Noobies a break, are you? (Nice finds anyway!)

I didn't have that problem. The ground is frozen, and the two inches of precipitation is a solid, impenetrable mass. Hopefully, things will thaw for the contest. Got a few promising 2's lined up. I wonder if 'R' should be for Rockaway, instead of for Rivet. Hmm... Might have to call in a politcal debt to get an appointment with the Rockaway Borough Clerk to see if the steps behnid the original building are incorporated within the addition. Hmmm....

When the contest was announced I had already planned a four-day power-caching trip centered around GeoCoinfest in Temecula CA... and had planned to pretty much ignore benchmarks (as my partners on the trip weren't big on that segment of the game...). Couldn't resist loading the county benchmark lists into my system, recovered a few marks (haven't logged them yet, as we just flew in this morning), and suffered from near-uncontrollable twitches every time we passed a mark location. Flying home to snowbound Anchorage, all I could think of were all those marks I'd left behind...

On the flip side, I got to meet Me 'n' Bucky face to face at the Geocoinfest and Temecula Valley Mega-Event 3; what a blast to chat with one of the West's premier benchmark retrievers!

When the contest was announced I had already planned a four-day power-caching trip centered around GeoCoinfest in Temecula CA... and had planned to pretty much ignore benchmarks (as my partners on the trip weren't big on that segment of the game...). Couldn't resist loading the county benchmark lists into my system, recovered a few marks (haven't logged them yet, as we just flew in this morning), and suffered from near-uncontrollable twitches every time we passed a mark location. Flying home to snowbound Anchorage, all I could think of were all those marks I'd left behind...

On the flip side, I got to meet Me 'n' Bucky face to face at the Geocoinfest and Temecula Valley Mega-Event 3; what a blast to chat with one of the West's premier benchmark retrievers!

Were you one of the Alaskan cachers to pick up my wooden nickel. I was also at the Temecula events and had to come back to work today. BIG BUMMER.

Not a I couldn't help myself but a case of if I don't now I never will. I "found" two over the weekend because the overpass that is there will be destroyed on Feb 28th.

I documented them and will get more photos after the marks are gone then submit a destroyed to NGS.

I toyed with reporting a find to NGS but don't see the need if they will not be there in two more days.