Geocaching Nation

general_tupperware

CookieDoe, and I have been working on this coin (okay, mostly CookieDoe). This coin may also involve TyberZon, and Scoutbound.

43b298af-5694-4ffc-be06-4d99b8ea9ee6.jpg

The specifications are:

Type: Soft Enamel

Plating: Black Nickel

Epoxy: No

Edge: N/A

Thickness: 3.0mm

Size: 2.0 inches

Trackable: Yes

Icon: Depending on Interest

Ideas for change are welcome.

We will be deciding to make this coin based on posts in this thread, and emails we recieve.

Thanks,

GT

I like it, but have a suggestion for your design question. You'll have to get Groundspeak to ok it, but you can use an Envelope Distort to warp the geocaching logo to match the curves in the flag. It will look more realistic as a flag and just flow better for the look. Other than that it's quite striking as a flag design. :P

I would like to know what's with the beaver though. :D Is there a story to this? Is there a secret nation of geocaching vermin out there? Wait, now I know who muggled that cache and left the funny footprints! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I appreciate the coin details, but what's the story?

I would like to know what's with the beaver though. :P Is there a story to this? Is there a secret nation of geocaching vermin out there? Wait, now I know who muggled that cache and left the funny footprints! :rolleyes:

Well, the coin is all about Canada, and the beaver is a true Canadian symbol. Its the official national animal.

Thanks for your ideas....

I like it, but have a suggestion for your design question. You'll have to get Groundspeak to ok it, but you can use an Envelope Distort to warp the geocaching logo to match the curves in the flag. It will look more realistic as a flag and just flow better for the look. Other than that it's quite striking as a flag design. :P

I would like to know what's with the beaver though. :rolleyes: Is there a story to this? Is there a secret nation of geocaching vermin out there? Wait, now I know who muggled that cache and left the funny footprints! :D

Well, up here in Canada, the beaver is our national animal... so... :D doesn't everyone know that?

It's on our 5 cent piece.

Edited by general_tupperware

I like it, but have a suggestion for your design question. You'll have to get Groundspeak to ok it, but you can use an Envelope Distort to warp the geocaching logo to match the curves in the flag. It will look more realistic as a flag and just flow better for the look. Other than that it's quite striking as a flag design. :rolleyes:

It would be interesting to see if Groundspeak would okay that since they seem to be pretty particular about people not distorting the logo.