International CITO Day 2007

BornAdventures

Well done Vespa on organising the Western Cape event! I heard you are going full tilt into making it the best event SA has seen to date?

Is the rumour true that there will be 5 GPS's up for grabs?

Dude, it's things like this that start these crazy rumors! :mmraspberry:

Your organization w/ Goofster was so good last year, who can top it? :signalviolin:

Funny story about the Paddle Cache... GS&Company spent a small fortune purchasing kayaks. Just to find the cache (well, not really, but it sounds more dramatic). And as it turns out the cache has been washed off! Unbelievable what the sea can do. I will try to replace it soon - this time armed with industrial hardware! B&F

Vespax, we presume that we will all be meeting in the Waterfront before we set off for Robben Island.

We thought that maybe we should have breakfast before we leave. PLEASE can we go to the Cape Grace Hotel - we reckon what is good enough for Bill Clinton should be good enough for geocachers as well. Please, can we, can we!!

Vespax, we presume that we will all be meeting in the Waterfront before we set off for Robben Island.

We thought that maybe we should have breakfast before we leave. PLEASE can we go to the Cape Grace Hotel - we reckon what is good enough for Bill Clinton should be good enough for geocachers as well. Please, can we, can we!!

Perhaps we should speak to The-Incredibles for that breakfast. :P

Or is that spilling too much info? :P

This coming Sunday afternoon (4 March) I will be at 16 Saldanha Road, Impala Park, Boksburg (sorry, I don't have the coordinates on me at the moment). If a local geocacher is willing to pop around, I have two geocoins they can grab from me. One of them (Goofster's 2006 CITO Geocoin) wants to attend the Gauteng event this year. Post a reply here if you're keen, and contact me on 082-771-1064. You can also 'discover' my other two coins, which are not travelling just yet . . .

Don't all rush now . . . .

<_<

Not sure how the plans are progressing up in Gauteng for a CITO event on 14 April, but my 2006 CITO Geocoin is in the Klerksdorp Cache - if any kind soul passing through could pick it up and take it into Gauteng for the event I'd be much obliged. I know it's a long journey though.