Benchmark contest help

dwayne23

Ok!! I am going to start hunting benchmarks for the fun and just to see what I can find and would like to join the fun but I don't know anything about it. I have hunted caches off and on for the fun and the time to spend with my faimly. But I am starting to do it more and more. So how do I log these and how do I get in the fun. See I don't know what you were talking about when you said "(Post a hot link (using the designated format - listed at the time the thread is started) to your GC.com log in the proper thread here in the forums. If you need help, just ask."

I don't know how to post picture either. Can you help and is there any help for me.

dwayne23 :huh:

First find your benchmark and take some pics of it, following the contest rules. Then go to the GC.com page for that mark and create a Found log for that mark. Once you post the log you can upload your pictures. When you are done with your post, go back to the original page for that benchmark, then copy the URL, e.g. "http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=KV2201". On the contest thread, create a new reply, then click the icon at the top of the box you type in that looks like a world and a chain link. You will be asked to put enter the URL for your link, and a title for it. You can probably just put the PID in the title, or possibly the PID and the designation, e.g. KV2201 or KV2201 "V 325"

Ok!! I am going to start hunting benchmarks for the fun and just to see what I can find and would like to join the fun but I don't know anything about it. I have hunted caches off and on for the fun and the time to spend with my faimly. But I am starting to do it more and more. So how do I log these and how do I get in the fun. See I don't know what you were talking about when you said "(Post a hot link (using the designated format - listed at the time the thread is started) to your GC.com log in the proper thread here in the forums. If you need help, just ask."

I don't know how to post picture either. Can you help and is there any help for me.

dwayne23 :lol:

To join in on the contest fun go HERE to put your name in.

mloser gave you good info, and here is the Thread with the rules.

The following picture shows 2 arrows. The blue arrow is for adding the "hot link" and the red arrow is for adding a picture to a reply. Just click on the appropriate icon (button) and add the needed information.

7a3f4613-89f3-4c71-a1e0-70d24ad298ae.jpg

We will start a thread just for posting your contest finds when the contest starts. We will explain what 'name' to use when making the 'hot link', and give an example.

John

I have a question about spelling '2oldfarts' with designations. Do they have to be posted at the same time or I can say I found '2' on this day and 'o' & 'L' on this day, etc?

You can post them individually, but you will not get the bonus points until you post your 'claim' for the bonus with the links to each of the benchmarks in "2oldfarts"

John

I have a question about spelling '2oldfarts' with designations. Do they have to be posted at the same time or I can say I found '2' on this day and 'o' & 'L' on this day, etc?

You can post them individually, but you will not get the bonus points until you post your 'claim' for the bonus with the links to each of the benchmarks in "2oldfarts"

John

Can you spell this out to me what do you have to do to get the bonus points?? Give me an example. Please!! dum question I know, but I don't the answer.

Thanks John!

And Dwayne, I looked in my zip code for benchmarks and then looked at the 'Designation' name. I now have plans to hunt for a benchmark that has a designation beginning with a '2' and another that starts with an 'O' and so on until I have 9 benchmarks whose first letter (of the Designation) spells '2oldfarts.'

Hope that helps as I'm a newbie too. :-)