Let's have even more fun!

GPX Navigators

Another of our soon to be incoming Vinyls to give away.

One guess per hour starting with the 10 to 11 CST hour - which is now. :huh:

Only for those who did not attend the fun festivites in California this weekend. If you are at GeoCoin Fest you are having fun already. B)

Answer both questions correctly to win:

Whose biography am I currently reading?

What time period of this person's life is covered in the biography? (Be specific with years)

Playing for one of these:

628da850-a417-49a4-afce-e1bc5fbea926.jpg

Edited by GPX Navigators

Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry

Covers 1812-1813

That last hint pretty much gave the person away...unless there is another coin tucked away here in the forums that has to do with another person and it was made to be a trick hint.

I am going to agree and say that it is Oliver Hazard Perry.

As far as dates...you asked in your question which time period in his life is covered? True, the bulk of the book may cover 1812-1813.....more importantly September 1813 when he had his victory over a Royal Navy squadron on Lake Erie, but I'm sure that their has to be a sentence or paragraph in the book somewhere talking about a brief overview of the beginning and end of his life. Thus the book technically covers his life which is August 4, 1823 – November 1, 1877. Even if it is not in the actual book, it could be on the preface or the inside covers. That is my two cents.

Jules Verne - 1850's?

You design a gorgeous coin and you are not at the Fest! Now that is a shame! They should have rolled out the red carpet for Yime from CA to PA! :lol:

Not JV but what coin would go with that? Oh, hmmmmmmmm, I can think of one. :P

Nopers, couldn't make the "Fest", but I'm there in spirit for sure! Just got some pics sent to me from TMOCM and Tess from CoinsAndPins. I'm so jealous, because I'm stuck in the Blizzard of Pittsburgh today! Couldn't even see the road a few minutes ago.

I took a stab at Jules Verne because of Avroair's "Around the World in 80 Caches" coin. Figured you might be a sci-fi fan!

Jules Verne - 1850's?

You design a gorgeous coin and you are not at the Fest! Now that is a shame! They should have rolled out the red carpet for Yime from CA to PA! :P

Not JV but what coin would go with that? Oh, hmmmmmmmm, I can think of one. :lol:

Nopers, couldn't make the "Fest", but I'm there in spirit for sure! Just got some pics sent to me from TMOCM and Tess from CoinsAndPins. I'm so jealous, because I'm stuck in the Blizzard of Pittsburgh today! Couldn't even see the road a few minutes ago.

I took a stab at Jules Verne because of Avroair's "Around the World in 80 Caches" coin. Figured you might be a sci-fi fan!

I feel for you and the snow. We've been really cold and lots of snow on and off the last month.

Can you share some of those pics. We'd love to feel jealous with you. :P

And it's not Commodore Perry thought that is one great guess.

And it's not Commodore Perry thought that is one great guess.

It's my serious headache and MAJOR crave for a new coin kicking in.....time to go back to the drawing boards. I've got all kinds of people giving me "the look" because I have been on the computer for so long already this morning.

Yeah me too. Trying not to look too suspicious here. :P

Feel better. :lol:

OOPs!! Forgot the American hint, will have that corrected next hour. Thanks for the reminder.

But then again, how many Americans use St. Patrick as an excuse to party hearty?

All of them just about.

Oops - never mind that was the other contest. But it will be every half hour soon.

Edited by GPX Navigators

It looks like I can guess again.

Found a coin that has an American person that everyone should know about.

Steve Irwin - The book covers his life which was 22nd February 1962 through 4th September 2006

I thought Steve was from Australia

DA-GUMMIT.....You are right! Why oh why didn't I catch that? It's gotta be the slowing down of my mind.

He was married in Oregon :lol: .....

Okay....another guess next hour! I need a hint...

Edited by Super_Nate

Here's a hint but it will take a little research. EVERYONE can guess again and then again every half hour. I will try to post clues hourly.

This person was born where I was.

This person spent a large chunk of time near the area where we now live.

Someone got the coin I was thinking of.

Edited by GPX Navigators