Venture/Vista/Legend B&W Zoom Question

cachenut06

I was thinking of buying a Legend or a Venture but i have one question. On the map screen, how detailed does it zoom? 200 or 100 feet? I had a eTrex yellow, that zoomed to 200 feet, and my Magellan would be right on for the caches, and it would show that the caches are further up, or further away. Are the higher level ones better at zooming in?

I was thinking of buying a Legend or a Venture but i have one question. On the map screen, how detailed does it zoom? 200 or 100 feet? I had a eTrex yellow, that zoomed to 200 feet, and my Magellan would be right on for the caches, and it would show that the caches are further up, or further away. Are the higher level ones better at zooming in?

I can't answer for the Venture, but the Legend and Vista will zoom to 20 feet. Depending on the resolution of the Venture, it will be either 20 or 200 feet.

Rich

I can't answer for the Venture, but the Legend and Vista will zoom to 20 feet. Depending on the resolution of the Venture, it will be either 20 or 200 feet.

Rich

How do they work in cold weather? Like in 0-30 degrees, as my magellan freaks out below 40. Also hows the accuracy? What are they like in tree cover? Im really interested in the Legend, or may go for a 60csx, i just want something that works in the cold and is reliable. I only tested the etrex yellow in a open soccerfield and it showed the cache to be 30 feet up from where the cache was, and my magellan showed the cache was where it was. Thanks, Jeff

The Venture doesn't have mapping so the zoom feature really isn't very useful.

If you're considering a Legend you might want to also consider the Venture CX. For an extra $50 you get double the battery life, color screen, expandible map memory, much better reception, autorouting and a USB connection.

The Venture doesn't have mapping so the zoom feature really isn't very useful.

If you're considering a Legend you might want to also consider the Venture CX. For an extra $50 you get double the battery life, color screen, expandible map memory, much better reception, autorouting and a USB connection.

Im not at all interested in the venture, i was looking at it in the beginning, but i want one with at least a basemap. That narrows it down to the Legend and the color line. I dont plan on putting maps on it, but the usb connection may come in handy. Does garmin have a geocaching manger like magellan, or dont they have such a thing? How much better is the reception on the color then the black and white models?

Edited by cachenut06