Looking for State Geocaching Organization Contacts

CacheHunters42

All,

I am looking for a contact person for at least one Geocaching Organization from each state. I have an idea for a 2007 Geocoin project.

This idea is unique I think. I want to have input from each state and their geocachers. I do not want to reveal the plan until I get some input as to whether there is a strong enough interest.

So post here or send me an e-mail at cachehunters42@chqualitycoins.com

Thanks!

Obviously the forum folks don't know what CacheHunters42 has planned, but let's keep in mind that the matter of "who" represents a state is a hot-button issue that needs to be treated with caution. Many state organizations have projects planned that are designed to benefit a large group of people. I hope that this thread is not misinterpreted as an opportunity for individuals to "claim" their state and bypass an entire group.

Obviously the forum folks don't know what CacheHunters42 has planned, but let's keep in mind that the matter of "who" represents a state is a hot-button issue that needs to be treated with caution. Many state organizations have projects planned that are designed to benefit a large group of people. I hope that this thread is not misinterpreted as an opportunity for individuals to "claim" their state and bypass an entire group.

Exactly, My idea requires at least one organization from each state, the more the merrier. I know the climate of state projects being done by people not in the state have cause quite a stir in the past. This project is to benefit each states organizations and Geocachers, without the support of organized groups this will not become a reality. I do realize that not every state may have an official State Geocaching organization, but they do communicate and geocache.

Eartha, I hope I am not violating any of the rules here, if so please lock this post.

For South Carolina I would suggest UO Trackers if they have the free time

While we serve on the Steering Committee for the South Carolina Geocachers Association I cannot speak for the group. However, I would be happy to listen to any ideas and present it to the committee at our next meeting. Several other members will be here in my town this Sunday actually as we are hosting a CITO. Please feel free to contact me here or at UOTrackers@yahoo.com

Thanks Geoholic for mentioning us!