All that glitters......

Fish Eagle

Coming to a cache near you...

6ac80505-0fe5-418e-9cdc-82084cf025ea.jpg

My shipment arrived this morning and I collected it from the post office en route to the "QS #5 - Jhb - Picnic while Harvesting Gold" event. They are stunning coins, simple and ideal to pop in a micro. The down side is that all ten went like hotcakes and I have none left available for sale. They are indeed a worthwhile investment if you enjoy geocoins. :huh:

Greetings! I am fairly new to geocoins and my first and only one thus far is a canadian coin that was a gift from Volkswag. Very nice and I will always remember the adventures we had in Canada (both of our first caches were together there in Canada). Now it seems that the bug has me too! Do not excuse the pun! I am sad however that I keep missing out on these nice SA coins.

My first order is however in and awaiting delivery! It contains a VOC geocoin (I love history and especially if it has something to do with SA history) and a Minora blade coin. Can't wait! What I am wondering about though... considering the cost and the effort and the quality of the coins, would this be coins that I just add to my collection and take them to an event? I can't seem to get it over my heart to leave them in a cache... what do you guys think?

It looks like the VOC one is a beauty - I have burned my fingers with travelers and now keep them with me and dip into caches I find, but that is just my feeling - there are plenty of good looking coins and TBs out there that seem to have traveled long distances and still survive..

Of the 5 coins I have sent out only 1 remains. Of the 7 TBs I sent out only 3 remain, including my racer in the race.

My shipment arrived this morning and I collected it from the post office en route to the "QS #5 - Jhb - Picnic while Harvesting Gold" event. They are stunning coins, simple and ideal to pop in a micro. The down side is that all ten went like hotcakes and I have none left available for sale. They are indeed a worthwhile investment if you enjoy geocoins. :huh:

Obviously Coins and Pins aka Geoswag did not consider the number of cachers worldwide and in South Africa who would want to own a SA Flag micro coin because they are all sold out. :( I do hope they make some more. :signalviolin: Encore, Encore!

Obviously Coins and Pins aka Geoswag did not consider the number of cachers worldwide and in South Africa who would want to own a SA Flag micro coin because they are all sold out. :( I do hope they make some more. :signalviolin: Encore, Encore!

I was fast asleep, and missed out on this coin - boo-hoo. :sad:

If they do another run, please let me know.

I was fast asleep, and missed out on this coin - boo-hoo. :sad:

If they do another run, please let me know.

I received a new shipment today of 20 coins which will be made available along with other sundry geocaching hardward at the QS #7 - Jhb - Mushroom Fun event tomorow.

Please put one aside for me. If you can get it to RedGlobe, we'll be seeing them in Sept.

Let me have your banking details and the amount, and I'll use the magical electronic thingy to get the bucks to you yesterday. :D