caching teams

hobosam

it all depends on your preferences and whether there is someone who can join you on the hunts - I usually like to spend time alone in the woods, and solo caching is an excellent way to do that - but if she is available and interested, I take my wife along because I enjoy her company even more than being alone.

Is it just me or do people team up as chaching parters. my friend tc600 and I are cache cache partners. is that a cache crime or is that common

I'm of the opinion most things are more fun with someone along to enjoy the ride. I've done a few caches on my own. One was quite an adventure and I could tell by the look on hubby's face as I tried to tell him about it, you just had to be there to "get" it. Plus, as a woman I hate going into the woods alone. I just don't feel safe, even with the geodog along.

Other than the first two caches I found, all the caching I have done has been with my girlfriend. Its something that we can both go do together on the weekends or in the evenings. Going alone just doesn't seem as fun to us for a couple of reasons. First we love each other's company while walking in the woods or searching for micros in other areas. Secondly, we are both ultra competative, so there is a bit of a contest between us to see who can find the cache first.

IMHO is In My Humble Opinion.

There are 8 "Texas Vikings". :laughing: I am "One of the Texas Vikings". One daughter and son in law are "Two of the Texas Vikings" and another daughter is "Two Other Texas Vikings". We also "MIL (mother in law) of Texas Vikings". I guess you see the point. :P

We get a group together and pack a lunch and cache together. Taking Kids and dogs and grandkids. We cache together and at other times, alone. :huh:

We all have seperate logins, so we can claim a find, or if we cache alone. Because sometimes you may want to cache alone or can't get a whole group together.

I rarely cache by myself. Living in Miami, it is not very safe for a female. Also, little ones are good decoys. I just recently went night caching with a group of cachers and it was the funnest caching day I've ever had. It is way better to cache with other cachers and a lot more fun. Sometimes I can't get the family out when I really need a fix. I've even taken people from work with me when there is a cache I just have to do. The addiction is pretty bad, but I love it.