Airborne tubes for micros?

wandererrob

I just finished my current tube of Airborne and got to thinking about the container. Looks like a pretty tight seal with a silica gel packet built into the cover. I'm now wondering how they'd be as micros containers.

I just thought of this now so have not even tested the idea. Just wondering if anybody else HAS.

I've got one of these at home that isn't quite empty yet. I've thought about it, but I'll have to wait until it's empty before I put it through the ol' "dunk it in a sink full of water" test. It does look like it would probably work a little better than the standard film cans though.

I just finished my current tube of Airborne and got to thinking about the container. Looks like a pretty tight seal with a silica gel packet built into the cover. I'm now wondering how they'd be as micros containers.

I just thought of this now so have not even tested the idea. Just wondering if anybody else HAS.

Don't know what "Airborne"s are. Can you post a picture?

It's a cold remedy/prevention tablet. You drop it in water, like an Alka Seltzer. Below was the best pic I could quickly find that shows the container in question.

airborne_cold_remedy.jpg

Thanks for the picture. It looks as good as a mini M&M container. Should work.

Wrigley's came out with a mint that is in a tic-tac like container but is oval shaped and relatively waterproof. (I googled it but did not find a picture.) It is my newest favorite micro container. Better than the metal Altoids containers and I actually like the mints.

Loch Cache

Thanks for the picture. It looks as good as a mini M&M container. Should work.

Wrigley's came out with a mint that is in a tic-tac like container but is oval shaped and relatively waterproof. (I googled it but did not find a picture.) It is my newest favorite micro container. Better than the metal Altoids containers and I actually like the mints.

Loch Cache

Seems like the cover is more likely to be waterproof than an M&M tube IMO, though without testing I fully admit I may be dead wrong on that. Then there's the silica capsule built into the cap which might help with humidity and condensation.

Anyway, not something I'm very likely to use myself, except maybe for a multi... hmmm... but anyway, just wanted to kick it out there for the masses to ponder, discuss, test, etc.

Maybe i'll plunk one in the sink tonight with a piece of paper in it, then let it sit overnight and see what happens.

Eeek! Excuse me if I am missing the obvious, but why are people flagrantly discussing drug usage on these forums?

It's not a drug ... It's vitamins and herbs.

I just took a good look at my container .... Looks like it would work good.

Chris

Oh. Obviously vitamins and herbs could never be considered drugs. Like the coca leaves the Pope took whilst in Bolivia. It's just an herb. :laughing:

Huh. I hadn't thought about an Airborne tube for a micro. There's always a couple of 'em around the house. Of course they have the tablets in them right now, but a cold or two from now....... Hey, if you want to have a good supply of pill bottles just hang around for a few years. My wife and I both generate a bunch of the things. I have a gallon zip lock full and eight or ten loose ones on my desk. Sheesh.

H

Eeek! Excuse me if I am missing the obvious, but why are people flagrantly discussing drug usage on these forums?

I'm trying to decide if you're serious, or being funny. :laughing:

I mean, it's just a cold remedy.

Yes, that is what people say about all kinds of "over the counter" drugs, such as painkillers, allergy remedies, etc. Speaking as a former psychotherapist, many studies have shown that EVERYONE who later became an alcoholic or abuser of other drugs (i.e., pot, heroin, cocaine, etc.) first started with "innocent" over-the-counter drugs and then progressed, in a stepwise domino effect, to abusing alcohol, cocaine, pot or heroin.

:huh:

:D:D:P

Yes, that is what people say about all kinds of "over the counter" drugs, such as painkillers, allergy remedies, etc. Speaking as a former psychotherapist, many studies have shown that EVERYONE who later became an alcoholic or abuser of other drugs (i.e., pot, heroin, cocaine, etc.) first started with "innocent" over-the-counter drugs and then progressed, in a stepwise domino effect, to abusing alcohol, cocaine, pot or heroin.

:laughing:

:D:D:D

Uh oh....I better stop taking my daily multi-vitamin ASAP. I don't know if I can quit now, I mean I've been taking them for years now.... :huh::P

:laughing:

:P:D:huh:

I reckon you are god dadgum right ! I started with plain cough medicine and now am in the "alcohol" state, that is wine drinking ! Though I hesitate to go the next steps for I like the current one and cocaine is harder to get ! :D

It's a cold remedy/prevention tablet. You drop it in water, like an Alka Seltzer. Below was the best pic I could quickly find that shows the container in question.

airborne_cold_remedy.jpg

Whew !.... I'm glad you posted that. I was thinking of Airborne Package service and was wondering what kind of tubes they would have, that weren't cardboard.

I'm trying to decide if you're serious, or being funny. :P

:D

:laughing::huh::D

Statistics show that 95% of all heroin users ate or have eaten French Fries....therefore.... If you eat or

have eaten French Fries, you have a proclivity to heroin use....!

What a load !!!!

Especially the part about "EVERYONE".... Typical Psychobabel....

Sorry, but it is.......

Statistics show that 95% of all heroin users ate or have eaten French Fries....therefore.... If you eat or

have eaten French Fries, you have a proclivity to heroin use....!

What a load !!!!

Especially the part about "EVERYONE".... Typical Psychobabel....

Sorry, but it is.......

NO! It's true! Statistics show that:

a. 98.9% of people who die in air crashes had peas and/or carrots within 52 weeks of their demise, so if you're going OS, plan your menu and leave out peas AND carrots

b. There has never been 2 or more bombs involved in the hijack of any type of transport. Just take your own bomb with you and you'll be safe

c. 76.98% of all statistics quoted in general conversation are made up on the spot!

PS - I don't really suggest you take your own bomb with you - Honest, Officer, I was just joking! Oh, look, there's Jack, say Hi.......

Huh. I hadn't thought about an Airborne tube for a micro. There's always a couple of 'em around the house. Of course they have the tablets in them right now, but a cold or two from now.......

if you get a cold or two... then it would appear that they aren't working... :D

Hey, I didn't say it would be real quick, and I have to feel one coming on before it makes sense to drink the stuff. It doesn't taste much like your favorite microbrew. :D

Edited by hairball45

PS - I don't really suggest you take your own bomb with you - Honest, Officer, I was just joking! Oh, look, there's Jack, say Hi.......

--The following events take place between 12:00pm and 1:00 pm--

Jack: "TELL ME WHERE YOU PUT THE MICRO! *cocks gun and takes aim*"

Rob: "I haven't even tested the Airborne tube yet"

Jack "TELL ME WHERE IT IS NOW OR YOU WILL DIE!"

Rob: "but..."

Jack: >BLAM!<

Rob: *thud*

GOODNESS, it's amazing how the most innocent question can turn into a thread that comes back and bites you in the butt!!

:D

In any case, I just wanted to say:

I'd never seen an Airborne container until I noticed one on my Mom's kitchen counter last week. When I picked it up to examine it, the first thing I thought was "Micro?"

I'll tell you what -- ANYTHING is better than an Altoid tin. We've never ONCE found an Altoid tin that was dry and in decent shape. We do live in Washington state, but still...

Let's not forget that what's legal now might become illegal later. Some of what you mention was legal 100 years ago or whenever it was first "discovered".

--The following events take place between 12:00pm and 1:00 pm--

Jack: "TELL ME WHERE YOU PUT THE MICRO! *cocks gun and takes aim*"

Rob: "I haven't even tested the Airborne tube yet"

Jack "TELL ME WHERE IT IS NOW OR YOU WILL DIE!"

Rob: "but..."

Jack: >BLAM!<

Rob: *thud*

:D I am sure Jack is the one behind all those "fake bomb" caches that keep getting the public uptight. You gotta be careful about Jack....he is a sneaky one!

I'm trying to decide if you're serious, or being funny. :D

Speaking as an untrained laymen this stuff is about as dangerous as taking a vitamin, as matter of fact thts all it is. Ingredients are:

Vitamin A, C, & E. Magnesium, Zinc, Manganese, Pottasium, Lonicera, Forsthia, Schizonepeta, Ginger, Chinese Vitex, Isatis Root, Echinicha, Glutamane, Lysine, and Sodium.

Personally I've tried it and I'll just stick with my daily multi-vitamin.

Edited by magellan315
Well, there are an awful lot of those M&M tubes out there.....Aren't Airborne tubes the same thing?
If you were to lick a few on the inside, you wouldn't have to ask that question. M&M tubes have a yumminess to them that Airborne tubes simply do not have.

True, but M&M's don't do a thing for colds :)

Neither does Airborne, at least from what my experience has been. And they taste what I imagine licking the back of a piece of carpet tastes like. ;) Not that I've tried that!

Vitamin A, C, & E. Magnesium, Zinc, Manganese, Pottasium, Lonicera, Forsthia, Schizonepeta, Ginger, Chinese Vitex, Isatis Root, Echinicha, Glutamane, Lysine, and Sodium.

I thought that was a crazy, animal rights activist.

And I thought that was crazy catnip: schizonepeta ...well, nepeta makes some of my cats crazy!

Well, there are an awful lot of those M&M tubes out there.....Aren't Airborne tubes the same thing?
If you were to lick a few on the inside, you wouldn't have to ask that question. M&M tubes have a yumminess to them that Airborne tubes simply do not have.

Bringing this thread back from the dead was worth it for this single visual image alone.

Thank you.

Bringing this thread back from the dead was worth it for this single visual image alone.

Thank you.

I thought for a few seconds there that Vinny was back. Then I realized the thread date.

I think the Desiccant in the cap helps keep moister under control.

Dream on... it doesn't. Dessicant only helps for a short while, unless you either dry it out or renew it.

That little sachet that came with your digital camera is designed to stop the small amount of humidity which was in the air inside the box when the item was packed on a warm, humid day in Asia, from condensing inside the camera during shipping. It's not some magic bullet that removes unlimited amounts of water vapour from the air for ever.