Looking for a Host

Fluttershy

I suppose, as a community... I'd like everyone to enjoy these Geocoin exchanges.

Here are the Missions I'd like to see Hosted:

Cupid - Complete

Leprechaun

Bunny

Summer

Halloween

Santa

I'd like to keep it non-traditional & Global. I've kept Halloween, because that's a favorite, and I'd rather it remain that, than be considered Fall.

So, Six exchanges a year... each Mission, hosted by 1 volunteering individual.

What does a host do?

You create a specific thread, and manage it.

You exchange names through a spreadsheet (We may soon have a program from Anthus, THANK YOU!)

You email every participant privately and give them their mission.

You answer questions...

Keep track of the whole process,

and in the very end, include yourself in the exchange.

I think it's been very rewarding being a host. The Thanks and Praise is off the top.

By being a host, you're bringing the geocoin community together, and inviting people to be generous

to one another. You might even be creating wonderful friendships in the process.

I know I've made a few friends... and I think that others have too.

It's really a neat experience!

~Allie

As much as I have enjoyed the last two I have to ask do we even have time to do one for St Patrick's Day? Several of us made trades for the cupid one and some trades haven't even come in for that one. Realistically, I think it would really be pushing it to try to get everything done in a month. One of the packages I sent out took 15 days to get there (to Canada) and another took 7 days for some reason (Michigan to New York).........I wouldn't have been able to make the trades I did if the timetable were this short

......We may soon have a program from Anthus, THANK YOU!)

Yup. :lol: I'm currently working on this so any fields you would like included, please let me know.

Allie, can you email me your spreadsheet (minus all the data). I'm just interested in what column titles you had.

Whoever becomes the next mission organizer, please send me an email so I can get the program to you.

I had a lot of fun with the Secret Cupid Mission and would like to participate in future ones. I'm not sure if there is enough time for St. Patrick's day either. I'm one of those that made a trade for the Cupid mission and am still waiting for it to arrive. I'm part Irish too so I'd love to see this holiday as a mission, just not sure if there is enough time this year.

Thanks....Anthus

PS: Halloween is one of my favorite holidays too

Call me dense (you might as well, wife does), but I am still unclear how this works. Help?

Are you unclear how the missions work? If so here is a summary

Fluttershy organized and was the host of the Secret Santa and The Secret Cupid missions. If you wanted to be a Secret Santa (the first one) or a Secret Cupid (the second mission), you sent her your info (caching name, real name and address and where you would be willing to mail to) She then assigned you a "mission" (another cacher). You then did some research and sent your cacher 3 coins which could be untrackable or trackable but had to be unactivated. They weren't supposed to know who you were. In return your name was given to someone else and they sent you 3 coins. These were then surprise packages that turned up in your mailbox!

Hope this helps

In Canada we have July 1st....mmmmm maybe just a Christmas in July?

As for March I'm agreeing this year might be too close together.... I'll go for the one UOTrackers is planning for easter but will pass on March sorry...

Just my thoughts.

Cache Agent

Ooooo...I like that! Since the 4th of July is a US holiday...it would be better to celebrate Christmas in July (by then I'll miss all this snow).

In Canada we have July 1st....mmmmm maybe just a Christmas in July?

As for March I'm agreeing this year might be too close together.... I'll go for the one UOTrackers is planning for easter but will pass on March sorry...

Just my thoughts.

Cache Agent

Ooooo...I like that! Since the 4th of July is a US holiday...it would be better to celebrate Christmas in July (by then I'll miss all this snow).

I was also thinking of cinco de mayo as a holiday (5th of may) but then thought that may be too close to Easter. Are there any other non-US holidays that fall during the summer? Most US holidays are in the first part of the year and then again at the end of the year.

I think it would be nice to have some sort of event for St. Patrick's day, it doesn't have to be a full exchange as long as it was a group effort of some sort.

Another 3 coin exchange so close to Easter, I agree, would be too much.

Rather than have me pick someone:

If someone can come up with a unique idea for St. Patrick's Day...

please, share it with us, and perhaps a few can post their opinion.

Thanks! :signalviolin:

Since the Leprechaun Mission seems to be out and Fluttershy wanted to have six Missions this year. Bunny is in April two months after the Cupid. Also Halloween and Santa are two months apart. I was thinking if we broke Summer into two. One in June and the other in Aug. Then all Missions will be two months apart. Feb, April, June, Aug, Oct, Dec. That is what I am thinking but then we would have to find holiday's for in June and Aug.

Why not just call the June and Aug ones..... Secret June Exchange and Secret August Exchange....

Altho I am going to check out the calendar... only other thing for June is that its considered a wedding month....

CA

Why not bank holiday exchanges? Or summer vacation exchanges? At least August qualifies for that. :mmraspberry: We should include the rest of the world too. I mostly remember bank holidays over the summer when I worked for a European company. How about the rest of the world? Any holidays that we can do exchanges for? :signalviolin:

Well...here are some other "holidays" that I found (I wonder when Signal's birthday is):

August 1st is World Wide Web Anniversary

August 13th is Left hander's day

August 26th is Family Day

June 5th is World Environment day

I like the idea of having them trades spaced 2 months apart.

I think the June 5th and the August 26th sound good. But I think we should wait for Fluttershy on this. This was her idea for the Secret Missions. Just my 2 cents even though it is not worth that.

Well...here are some other "holidays" that I found (I wonder when Signal's birthday is):

August 1st is World Wide Web Anniversary

August 13th is Left hander's day

August 26th is Family Day

June 5th is World Environment day

I like the idea of having them trades spaced 2 months apart.

I think the June 5th and the August 26th sound good. But I think we should wait for Fluttershy on this. This was her idea for the Secret Missions. Just my 2 cents even though it is not worth that.

I just thought that end of August in some areas is a huge vacation week and in other areas - US at least - kids are in or getting into back-to-school mode. It mgiht be hard to focus on trades at that time. So maybe with all the vacations and time off in the summer perhaps just one summer exchange, maybe? :D

If someone still wants to do something for St. Patrick's day why not do a "Luck of the Irish" or "Irish Sweepstakes." Everyone who wanted to participated would mail one coin to the organizer (NOT me) and then on/near St. Paddy's day 1 (or 2 or 3) names would be chosen at random and the "lucky ones" would get the coins.

OR everyone could send one coin + self addressed & stamped envelope to the organizer who would then swap coins. It would be a one for one exchange by the "luck of the draw."

I don't have the time right now to organize this (and Hawaii is really the best place to send mail, as it gets delivered on "island time." ) So if anyone wants to use the idea, go ahead.

jrr

If someone still wants to do something for St. Patrick's day why not do a "Luck of the Irish" or "Irish Sweepstakes." Everyone who wanted to participated would mail one coin to the organizer (NOT me) and then on/near St. Paddy's day 1 (or 2 or 3) names would be chosen at random and the "lucky ones" would get the coins.

OR everyone could send one coin + self addressed & stamped envelope to the organizer who would then swap coins. It would be a one for one exchange by the "luck of the draw."

I don't have the time right now to organize this (and Hawaii is really the best place to send mail, as it gets delivered on "island time." ) So if anyone wants to use the idea, go ahead.

jrr

Those are some great ideas. I like them alot... :D