Need Help With Design

The Herd

Well, the time has come for us to make our first personal coin. I would like it to be trackable, and reflect "us" in some way. While I do have an idea what I want...I know it would never get approved. So, I place out the call for ANY ideas on what we could do, because at this point, my design portion of my brain is not working.

I would like to include a cartoon elephant, and possibly our forum title circling the outside of the coin. Beyond that...HELP!?!

Thanks in advance...

The Herd

Well, the time has come for us to make our first personal coin. I would like it to be trackable, and reflect "us" in some way. While I do have an idea what I want...I know it would never get approved. So, I place out the call for ANY ideas on what we could do, because at this point, my design portion of my brain is not working.

I would like to include a cartoon elephant, and possibly our forum title circling the outside of the coin. Beyond that...HELP!?!

Thanks in advance...

The Herd

Hi! I love to give designs a try, please send me some information, you said you would like it ti reflect "you" so give me some details! My email is UOTrackers@yahoo.com, I'd love to give it a try!

Thanks in advance...

The Herd

There used to be a thread around here where folks were very generous with their time and volunteered to help others with their avatars. If you search for and find that one, I bet you'll find some very creative folks that can help you.

I have a bunch of ideas for geocoins but have no idea how to make a pic of it to send to a company. I don't have any programs to use to make it also don't know what kinda program to use. I don't have the money to have them all made. But saw that there are 2 companies I saw that if they use your coin idea that would send you a few coins and sell the rest or use for coin clubs.

I have a bunch of ideas for geocoins but have no idea how to make a pic of it to send to a company. I don't have any programs to use to make it also don't know what kinda program to use. I don't have the money to have them all made. But saw that there are 2 companies I saw that if they use your coin idea that would send you a few coins and sell the rest or use for coin clubs.

Talk to JoeFrog. He can design you whatever you need, and he's pretty reasonable.

Is there a program available that can assist in making coin designs that is inexpensive or free ware

Paper & Pencil!! :)

Can't get much cheaper than that!! :D

Seriously!

The mints can work from your hand drawn ideas to create the artwork for your coins.

I DO have the programs needed to create the finished artwork for the mint to make the coins from and I still, 90% of the time, will sketch out an idea on paper before working up the design.

I do a lot of design work for Oakcoins/Geoswag. Just tonight while watching the NASCAR Craftsman Truck race(What a finish!!), I sat with a spiral notebook and sketched out about 7 designs of coins or pins that I'm doing for them & a couple of ideas of my own that I'm going to present to them when they get back from the Coinfest.

Tomorrow I'll sit down here at the computer and transform those sketches into usable art.

(Heads up NASCAR fans! If I can get them to produce coins from one of my ideas tonight, you'll definately want it!! Be on the look out for SPEED CACHER!!)

One advantage to sketching them out is that it gives you a basic idea of what you are looking for in your coin without doing all the work to get finished art. It also gives you the chance to make simple changes when it doesn't look good. I can't tell you the times I've had an idea in my head and until I sketched it out, only to realize "That isn't gonna look good at all!!"

But on the other hand, I've had ideas and thought they we're OK. But when I did the first sketches, I just knew they were going to turn out AWESOME!! See the Geoswag Coin & Pin Club September 9-11 coin for a good example :lol: That one started out with just having the patch designs and a basic 2-D image of The Towers. But after the initial sketches, I just knew they had to be 3-D to give the honor they deserved!

The ROT13 Dragon Spinners fall into the later category as well! The closer we get to production the more excited I am to get them made!!

They started as a sketch on a napkin while at lunch one day! :D

So, grab that #2 & some printer paper and sketch away!! ;)

D-man :D

(Heads up NASCAR fans! If I can get them to produce coins from one of my ideas tonight, you'll definately want it!! Be on the look out for SPEED CACHER!!)

I am wondering if it is like the one that I have in my head. I found one pic to use to work with but need other details for my idea. Maybe I will give you an email when I get back home and see if it is the same. If so I will not worry bout going any further.

Thanks in advance...

The Herd

Jamie at Mad Hatter's Neverland.com just did a design for a coin for me and i was really impressed.Mad Hatter's Neverland