Metro Wiz?

shawnIN

Posting#130 in the link above/below:-

As for patching the North America MetroGuide maps, the price difference between MetroGuide and City Navigator maps isn't that much, so I'd rather not post any patches for them. If someone really wants to do autorouting with the metroguide maps on their gps, they can still use one of the other methods posted here for that.

Do you have the patch file for MetroGuide North America v8? I believe that forum only addresses MetroGuide Europe.

No, I don't.

Living in Canada, MG Canada work perfectly for me and it does autoroute. Assuming that I need to travel to US, I would use Metro Wiz to upload MG North America.

But, for my travels to Europe the patch works perfectly with MG Europe and I don't need to complicate my life using Metro Wiz - I just apply the patch once and I'm good to go.

On the other hand, I don't understand why the author of those patches doesn't want to provide one for MG North America too... :laughing:

On the other hand, I don't understand why the author of those patches doesn't want to provide one for MG North America too... :laughing:

I started the thread on the other website [in April 2006] but the 'author of those patches' is American.

He is a very clever software developer and has made owning a Garmin iQue 3600 far more interesting over the last 3.5 years.

For us, in the UK, the price of Garmin software is far higher [as are Microsoft products] than in the US, so the need for manipulating MetroGuide is far more worthwhile.

The initial manipulation of MetroGuide has progressed in two major steps since then, and the thread is very popular even now, with 37,000 views and 153 postings. It must indicate a great interest in MetroGuide, not only for its price but for the smaller maptiles, for use in the units with smaller memory!

I still use the original method for MetroGuide NA for my son's business trips to Chicago and LA.

Edited by strumble