Your Dream Cache.

Totem Clan

How many times do you see a thread on, micro spew, lame caches, bad locations and so on. I've even heard cacher comment on the length of the hike to the cache. Now all of this is understandable, because we are all different. We have different wants and desires. But it makes me want to ask, what is the perfect cache?

If you could have a cache that was the model cache for you, what would it be?

Yeah, yeah, I know. :ph34r: The keys to a classic Mustang. A million dollar. A nude super model. We can all dream. Huh? :ph34r:

Seriously though, if there was a cache made just for you, what would it be like? How long of a hike? What kind of terrain? Where and how would it be hid? What kind of cache, a multi, a puzzle? What kind of container?

Describe what you think would make the model or perfect cache.

Edited by Totem Clan

Seriously though, if there was a cache made just for you, what would it be like? How long of a hike? 4 miles one way What kind of terrain? 4* Where and how would it be hid? 2* What kind of cache, a multi, a puzzle? whatever as long as I can find the stages & solve them What kind of container? regular to large ammo can for the final I have a thing for ammo cans, plastic is so cheap

Film canister under a dumpster behind a Wal-Mart.

:ph34r:

Seriously.....its the reason I've started caching.....I want caches that take me to cool places I'd never think to find on my own. It'd have neat swag in it, and I've have something neat to leave in its place. And my boy could go with me. That would be my dream cache.

It all starts out on a brisk morning with the dew still on the grass in a pine forest. It is about a 3 mile hike to the cache that takes me past some spectacular views. Then the cache is placed in a hidden out of the way old castle and you have to explore the castle and find the cache container which is a treasure box right and then you open it up and inside is a billion dollars, keys to like a billion cars, and all this other cool stuff for the FTFinder. That is a cool cache.

-1-3 mile roundtrip hike

-forest

-pond

-wildlife

-interesting glacial formation, such as an esker or drumlin

-as many family members as I can convince to go with me

-our dog

-hidden stuff, like an old cellar hole, chimney, or forgotten graveyard

-medium/large size container with good trade items - toys for the kids and unique or quirky item for me. It doesn't have to be an ammo can, as long as it's dry.

-cool camo or paint job on the container

-interesting finders pins are a bonus

I try to include as many of these features as possible in my hides. :unsure:

Seriously though, if there was a cache made just for you, what would it be like? How long of a hike? What kind of terrain? Where and how would it be hid? What kind of cache, a multi, a puzzle? What kind of container?

Describe what you think would make the model or perfect cache.

I tend to mostly hide the type of caches I would like to find.

4ef15c16-6880-48ea-99c3-8b26aa1040e5.jpg

My dream cache would be in an alpine terrain with sweeping vistas at every turn.

It could be a traditional or multi....

With at least 5 miles or more of 4wd to get to the jumping off point.

From there it could be a park and grab up to a 2 mile hike to the cache.

I love a clever container, so it would be something I've never seen before or hidden in some interesting way.

There would be enough hundred dollar bills in the cache to fill my pack and still leave a few hundreds for the next finder. :unsure:

I don't know, I could pile on tons of situations and scenarios, drama, life saving rescues, parades, presented with the key to the city, and eventual acceptance into heaven, (geocacher heaven of course).

I just like going to a nice place, walk a trail, enjoy nature, and not having to bust my a** looking for the cache.

If I had to pick one cache, it would have to be Anasazi Ruins.

40 mile hike, camping in the Grand Canyon, and Indian Ruins. What else could a cacher ask for?

There are few other cachers that are high on my to do list.

Operation High Desert Adventure

Mission 9 Tunnel of Light

Cool Place

Wild Horse Homelands Confluence

2005 Larry Klementowski Geotrekking Challenge - A

The Larry Klementowski Geotrekking Challenge

Edited by Kit Fox

Good question...I think my dream cache would be a long (several days hike) traditional-multi, probably starting with a micro at a parking area with coordinates and a hint for the next stage some 5 miles or so down the trail.

Each stage would be in a larger container than the last, with better and better swag throughout. The views would also improve along each stage.

After leaving the first stage (parking lot) there are no more sounds of the city, highways, or other street traffic.

There would be a few mountain streams along the way, and maybe even a waterfall or two. A few places to do a bit of rock climbing & rappelling, and the weather would be cool, but not cold. There wouldn't be a ban on campfires so a few of my closest friends and I could catch up on where we've been since we last had the chance to hang out.

The last stage would lead to a breathtaking view atop a mountain cliff overlooking a coastal plain, and the ocean in the distance.

The last container would be filled with stories from everyone that had made it all the way through the multi, about their challenges along the trail, and how they would recommend this cache to all of their friends, 'cachers and muggles alike.

Now I just gotta find it....

Good question...I think my dream cache would be a long (several days hike) traditional-multi, probably starting with a micro at a parking area with coordinates and a hint for the next stage some 5 miles or so down the trail.

Each stage would be in a larger container than the last, with better and better swag throughout. The views would also improve along each stage.

After leaving the first stage (parking lot) there are no more sounds of the city, highways, or other street traffic.

There would be a few mountain streams along the way, and maybe even a waterfall or two. A few places to do a bit of rock climbing & rappelling, and the weather would be cool, but not cold. There wouldn't be a ban on campfires so a few of my closest friends and I could catch up on where we've been since we last had the chance to hang out.

The last stage would lead to a breathtaking view atop a mountain cliff overlooking a coastal plain, and the ocean in the distance.

The last container would be filled with stories from everyone that had made it all the way through the multi, about their challenges along the trail, and how they would recommend this cache to all of their friends, 'cachers and muggles alike.

Now I just gotta find it....

Take me with you please. :unsure::blink: