Silver Bullets -- Geocaching Swag

RV_Campers

Silver Bullets :ph34r: What the heck is that? Let me give a little background

My family enjoys the sport of Geocaching and we wanted to come up with a unique item which we could leave in caches that would be different than the usually stuffed animals and McDonald happy meal toys. We came up with the Silver Bullet idea, as an item that we would make ourselves and leave in Caches for others.

Although originally the idea was for us to leave the items ourselves, folks began pm'ing us inquiring about purchasing them so we started selling them to anyone who asked. As the project continued, we now enjoy others hiding Silver Bullets and knowing folks throughout the world are finding and keeping them. It's interesting reading a log and seeing someone comment about taking the Silver Bullet.

After we started selling these direct, I decided to start selling on ebay too as well to spread the Geocaching Bullets out beyond the original area I hide them in. You can find the items on ebay....Search for Geocaching Silver Bullet but wanted to put them on here as well as a way to spread the word about them and get feedback if anyone finds any. We sell the items very reasonably as it's not for income but rather to meet my families goal of having them placed in Caches throughout the world. With direct sales I can offer lower prices and shipping costs since I’m not paying Ebay fees which is another reason I'm posting here.

If you're looking for a unique item to place in caches, consider these. Geocaching Silver Bullets are hand made replicas of actual bullets. My family works together assembling each one, using real bullet cases that are highly polished and actual lead bullets. Of course, the bullets are assembled without a powder charge or primer which creates a completely safe souvenir. Each Silver Bullet comes individually packaged and is ready for placing into a cache. The completed item is a nice, heavy, and safe Geocaching treasure which the finder will be sure to keep.

Below are my ebay pictures so you can see what they look like, but feel free to email me directly for better photos and the direct pricing. If you do email and buy direct, let me know you're a forum member and I'll include an extra free one for the time being just for being a forum member Email me to get a price sheet. Basically, depending on quantity they range from 65 cents to $ 1.00 each so they make very inexpensive swag.

[e-mail address removed by moderator] for price sheet

dbbc_1.JPG

dc43_1.JPG

Edited by Keystone

:D Just waiting for some one to complain about the lead slug, or being inappropriate :D

edit to add I've been handloading for almost 40 years :D:D:D

I handload as well for about 60 different Calibers. You even got the Perfect amount of roll Crimp on there!!!

Great Job!!

:D:D:laughing::huh::P:DB)B)

I handload as well for about 60 different Calibers. You even got the Perfect amount of roll Crimp on there!!!

Great Job!!

:huh::P:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks. I'm a longtime Bullseye league shooter but the 45acp didn't make a nice souvenier so we went with these :laughing:

Incidently, the reason for the card inside, is to explain what they are, that they are souveniers and safe. The back of the card give more info as well, and the email address if anyone has questions or wants to continue to spread them.

A couple folks recently asked for more photos so here a couple more.

eaa8f65f.jpg

eaa8f661.jpg

This is spam and goes along with Geocoins.

We're not programmers, but my son and I figured out how to put up on a webpage the Silver Bullet pricing we've been emailing to folks.

Hopefully this link will work.

[Link removed by moderator]

Joe

Edited by Keystone

Hello,

This thread has been reported as being in violation of the Forum Guidelines, which say:

Commercial Postings/Solicitations are not allowed. Commercial content as a direct or indirect (either intentional or non-intentional) attempt to solicit customers through a forum post will be edited or deleted. Notwithstanding the above, Groundspeak reserves the right to include limited commercial content in this Forum, in its sole discretion.

Classifieds advertising is permitted in the ‘GPS Garage Sale’ Forum. (Geocaching.com is not involved in these transactions) Abuse of this forum will be not be tolerated.

The pinned guidelines at the top of this forum provide additional specific guidance. It appears that this thread goes beyond "personal" selling or giving away of items.

Therefore, I am closing this thread and I've removed the links. If the OP has obtained permission from Groundspeak, then please write to me. Groundspeak should have told you to mention your permission in your opening post -- this is very helpful to the moderators. Once I hear you have permission, I will be delighted to re-open the thread and assist in restoring the links.