Legend Cx Rubber Trouble

Outback2970

Can someone who has fixed the rubber band on a garmin legend with good results please tell me what you used to re-fasten it to the unit? Mine is gooey and sliding around, and I'd like to repair it myself. It is still under warranty, but I hate to send it in and be without it for weeks. I do have some really good 3M two faced tape about 1/2" wide and very thin. I found the link to the .PDF screen problem repair, but he doesn't go into detail about reattaching the rubber. Any help would be great. Thanks.

How long have you had your legend? Any idea what causes it to loosen?

Thanks

Hermit

I've had the Cx since August 2006. No, I don't know what the root cause is, only that it seems to be a fairly common problem with some of these units. Whatever they use for an addhesive seems to turn very gummy after a relativly short period of time. I suppose they don't want to use anything to permanant because they need to split the case to do work internally, and the seam is under the rubber.

Mine gave up just a few days ago. The problem does seem to be heat. Our temperatures have been in the mid eighties, and every time I use the unit, things get pretty gooey. I talked to Garmin today, and they recommended I send it back, and that the turn-around time would be seven to ten days.