signing log books

sssss

Just out of curiosity, why do people seem to avoid using both sides of a log book page? :D

i have changed a couple of my logs books after being told there were full, on arrival it seems they could have just turned over and used the other side.

They could even of written smaller I guess, or used more abbreviations... FCWNLVTNLNSLTFTC :(

I did log a cache at the weekend that the owner had written on the front cover of the log book, to turn it over and work from the back, forwards once it was full. It was within a couple of pages of filling up completely and was getting very 'tired', so I left a new blank book for future cache loggers to utilise.

J

Just out of curiosity, why do people seem to avoid using both sides of a log book page? :D

i have changed a couple of my logs books after being told there were full, on arrival it seems they could have just turned over and used the other side.

Cause the papers a bit thin ? the writing is showing through ? the stamp ink has soaked through :(:D with appologies to the bolas heathens (one of our stamps soaked through about four pages of thier log book once)

Just out of curiosity, why do people seem to avoid using both sides of a log book page? :ph34r:

I am a slave of fashion. If previous loggers have signed on both sides, I will, but if they haven't, I won't, because, in the latter case, it is almost certain that, once the end of the logbook is reached, someone will start again in the opposite direction, and I would like to have my log in sequence.

Cause the papers a bit thin ? the writing is showing through ? the stamp ink has soaked through :ph34r::ph34r: with appologies to the bolas heathens (one of our stamps soaked through about four pages of thier log book once)

Well... I'm sure they'll have got their own back... their stamp is very much the same - it tends to soak through quite well...

Although, it IS very lovely and very pretty!

No problem - it's all part of the game and it's nice to see stamps in logbooks :huh:

We have the same problem sometimes - it all seems to depend on the paper in the logbook - some paper seems to be like a sponge and just soak up the ink.

Back to the OP: we'll use the reverse of a page if there is nowhere else to sign and have used the inside back cover etc etc if the logbook is particularly full and we don't have a replacement in our caching bag to drop off for the cache owner.

the stamp ink has soaked through :ph34r::ph34r: with appologies to the bolas heathens (one of our stamps soaked through about four pages of thier log book once)

As long as it's signed and some passing comment made, does it really matter where it's signed!! If you did not change the log book, people will I feel sure turn it around and use the blank pages that are left and it is nice to try and keep logs in sequence. Well that's a pennies worth! :ph34r: T4TQ

Surely it's a right handed thing - bad enough standing up to your knees in who knows what trying to balance all the bits and pieces you're holding and filling in a log, but if you flip to the other page either you've nowhere to hold it or the spine gets in the way of your writing hand. Perhaps ther should be a rule that southpaws have to visit caches alternately to 'normal' peeps :ph34r:

Just out of curiosity, why do people seem to avoid using both sides of a log book page? :ph34r:

I rely on a bit of psychology and relying people being sheep. I put in slightly larger log books if I can but then put a horizontal line about half down. Thus kinda keeping people in their respective places. I mean, most people just go "lovely walk, nice views, TFTC" how much room do they need?

Saying that though on caches where you have to work hard (long walk in or lots of research) a decent log book to note some of your insights on the find are always appreciated. But its mainly on the logs on the website that most of the feedback goes - as that is the one place where EVERYONE can read and hopefully laugh!

I've noticed that books that open upwards (Hinge across the top) seem to suffer from 'one side of the paper only' much more than normal books (hinge down the side). Also I think spiral bound, which fold right back are worse for it than books that only open flat.

I find that if you find a logbook with the hinge across the top.. turn it 90 degrees anticlockwise and hey presto!

:huh::ph34r: ...sorry Just Roger,as you are completely correct. :ph34r:

So where do I get a special Geocachers Log Book from ? do the lines have to go from top to bottom ? or from bottom to top? or from side to side ? where should the book hinge from, top or side ? what side ? does the paper have to be able to cope with crayoning and bad speelins ?

I have so much to learn as a newbie !! I have asked in a forum post to be adopted ! But I am still out here in the cold getting lonley and confused? I think ?

When I get to fathom out how to use this garmin eTrex yellow thing with black buttons maybe I will need to know all about hiding the right kind of book ?

Can you buy micro books for micro caches ?

help !

I have so much to learn as a newbie !! I have asked in a forum post to be adopted ! But I am still out here in the cold getting lonley and confused? I think ?

help !

I'm sorry you haven't managed to contact anyone local to you yet, I'd be very happy to help but Northants is rather a lang way from Brighton.

There are Micro Logsheet formats available for download. I've had a quick look through my bookmarks but not found them but I am sure someone else will see this and post the link (which I'll bookmark again)

Best of Luck

So where do I get a special Geocachers Log Book from ? do the lines have to go from top to bottom ? or from bottom to top? or from side to side ? where should the book hinge from, top or side ? what side ? does the paper have to be able to cope with crayoning and bad speelins ?

When I get to fathom out how to use this garmin eTrex yellow thing with black buttons maybe I will need to know all about hiding the right kind of book ?

help !

Welcome to the mad world of geocaching!! I would adopt you but I am in Wales. You will get all the help you need in here though. Just ask away :lol:

Thanks for responding to my posting, I wonder what can be put inside a 35mm film canister to be swaped as a geogift ?? is that the right word for it ? or do I have to keep going back to my microcache and putting new geogifts in if my gifts have not been swopped - but taken ?

Shall I half fill it with lucky grains of rice and a roll of paper and a mini pencil ? LOL

What is the best thing you have swoped from / into a minicache ?

Yes adoption is urgently needed! :lol:

Mike

Thanks for responding to my posting, I wonder what can be put inside a 35mm film canister to be swaped as a geogift ?? is that the right word for it ? or do I have to keep going back to my microcache and putting new geogifts in if my gifts have not been swopped - but taken ?

Shall I half fill it with lucky grains of rice and a roll of paper and a mini pencil ? LOL

What is the best thing you have swoped from / into a minicache ?

Yes adoption is urgently needed! :huh:

Mike

The word 'geogift' isn't really used (at least I haven't called them that) I think the general term is just swaps. We should have a geo-word for them though! B)

Hmm, Micro caches dont really need swaps, but if you can find something that will fit, go for it!

Really, they shouldn't be taken without swapping (remember TBs and trackable coins do not count as swap items), but they do, so every so often, when you go to maintain your cache, take along some new swaps just to replenish it.

I'm just south of London, with no transport, so unfortunately, I can't help. There was a Sussex event some time ago, maybe take a look through the profiles of some of the people who attended, and email any who are close to you?