Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Georgia --- Parents of SAM

Arizona --- Nero

Texas --- MustangJoni (mamacache)

Tsunrisebay --- Montana

Snowwolf75 --- Washington

Any others ready to step up to the plate? :(B)

I would, but Aiken SC is kinda, well not very populated...;( Unless you count Masters week, which has just come and gone. Oh well, I'll head down to Atlanta, if I can get away, we're planning Cachetoberfest for October, which there will be a coin event at, hmmm...

Ok here is a list so far:

New Jersey --- Avroair

Illinois --- CinemaBoxers

Hawaii --- Silly RR

California --- Marky

Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Georgia --- Parents of SAM

Arizona --- Nero

Texas --- MustangJoni (mamacache)

Tsunrisebay --- Montana

Snowwolf75 --- Washington

That's 10 --- no international ones yet and probably something in a couple of the midwest states and mountain states. That's a quick start list.

Also, kicking around the start of October for the event since I recieved a flood of emails saying end of September wasn't good. First weekend in October.

Coins --- I was thinking of 3 micro coins --- a gold, a silver and a copper as a three pack (probably sell em for $12 for the three). Local event organizers could run the events how they see fit.

Any others ready to step up to the plate? :(B)

Nice, Time to start planning.

When I have some time tomorrow I will work out a date and cities that have volunteered. :laughing:

Its 6 days later, did you come up with something?

LOL! no not yet, i haven't had much time. will look at it now!

Not to be a spoil sport but would it be possible to split these two topics so it's easier to see what is what? I love this new angle of multiple events happening simultaneously, even if I can't host one myself. I'd just love to be able to see what's going on in each direction separately.

Sure sounds good. :) I'll start a new thread and cease talk of it in this one or maybe a mod can help us out and parse the thread from the micro event idea.

I realize that I'm in the minority here, but I'd like to cast my vote for GeocoinFest to *not* be on a holiday weekend. Such weekends are big family get-togethers for my wife's and my families. It's the major reason I've never been able to attend a Geowoodstock (typically held over Memorial Day Weekend).

I am going to have to agree with this. Avoiding Holiday Weekends works better for our family.