I'm Proud To Be a PREMIUM Member

TexasGringo

To all that don't think $3 or $2.50 means nothing, please transfer that amount to my back account in a monthly basis. Thank you.

I could have sticked to be a regular and free member, but no. Even getting the PQ's is easy if you're not a regular member, but no. I do think that supporting geocaching by being a premium member is the right thing to do.

If I'm paying for something, I want that something to be good.

If I'm paying (in a yearly subscription) it means that:

- I do believe in the project and I'm supporting it

- I do believe that it's a bargain for what you get (I mean the fun, not the features)

- I expect the organization that I'm paying for to be professional.

IF $2.5/$3 is nothing when compared to the costs of running the site... how about telling just that and stating that the monthly rate will be $10 from now on. $10 would guarantee a much, much better performance.

Maybe, some are willing to pay.

It's not the money... Is what you get for.

Hey bullets! I can do that too.

-You get what you paid for.

-You paid for the features. The features are good. That's all you paid for.

-The performance was always the same whether you paid for the features or not.

-TPTB don't have to tell you anything at all at what's happening with their site, equipment, or performance, and yet they choose to do so even if it isn't on a regular basis. Try to get HP to do that, or MS for that matter. I'm sure they would love to fill you in on their issues on demand.

-So... what are you offering for the 3 bucks you want to take from me? I expect either a product or a service that I would value.

Hey bullets! I can do that too.

awesome.

-You get what you paid for.

If the site is down, having downtimes, impossible to access, guess I don't, right?

-You paid for the features. The features are good. That's all you paid for.

They're OK, but with the site down, busy, whatever, I can't have, them, right?

-The performance was always the same whether you paid for the features or not.

I did not approached that issue. The jokers did that.

-TPTB don't have to tell you anything at all at what's happening with their site, equipment, or performance, and yet they choose to do so even if it isn't on a regular basis. Try to get HP to do that, or MS for that matter. I'm sure they would love to fill you in on their issues on demand.

So, let's follow the "good" examples of those companies. Let's not even waste time to be a littler better than that, right?

-So... what are you offering for the 3 bucks you want to take from me? I expect either a product or a service that I would value.

Come on, $3 is nothing. Don't be cheap.

I now present the following conversation with myself:

Is there a problem? Yes, although for unknown reasons, some people seem to be suffering from it more than others.

Is work being done to address the problem? I have no proof, but I firmly believe there is.

Is the ongoing work proceeding fast enough to satisfy everyone? No.

Is it reasonable to demand that the problem be addressed within a time frame of any given individual's choosing? No.

Is it ok for people to start threads complaining about performance issues? Yes.

Do these threads get the problem fixed any quicker? I doubt it.

Which person on the planet would like to see this problem go away more than any other person? I have no proof, but I could make a guess.

For the record, I am rarely affected by this problem. Whether that is a matter of timing, style, frequency, or luck, I have no idea. But I understand the frustration of those who seem to be most affected, and I am glad that I am not among them.

Ok, I'm all done now. Carry on with your discussion about whether three dollars is a lot of money.