I'm Proud To Be a PREMIUM Member

TexasGringo

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Too Busy

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +148

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Yeah, I think I saw that message about 4 times in the past 3 months. I wish some of the production applications my company uses were as stable.

You can't be serious. If your company is running with that ratio, it's good enough, I think. But geocaching.com ain't running with that ratio.

Do you think if there were 4 downtimes in the last 3 months there would be so many posts and threads about the problems?

Why are you trying to cover up the problem?

Please.

edit: spelling.

Edited by SUp3rFM & Cruella

briansnat and I are site volunteers. We're paid handsomely to help cover up the problem.

Oh... you're a site volunteer too. Sorry that you're missing out on the free piles of Signal the Frog geocoins.

Take it as you want.

The problems are occurring more than ever, from what I've experienced, seen in the forums, and talked about it with more experienced geocachers.

I can't figure out a valid reason to make jokes (or mocking those who report the problem) instead of trying to figure out the problems, or maybe, try to find out a solution.

But hey, please continue to make jokes. On the next downtime, I'll have time to read those and laugh with you, too.

And seems I'm a volunteer, too (while moderating the Portuguese forum), but should that refrain me from making (valid) remarks about the performance of the site, like as you do?

edit: spelling...

Take it as you want.

The problems are occurring more than ever, from what I've experienced, seen in the forums, and talked about it with more experienced geocachers.

I can't figure out a valid reason to make jokes (or mocking those who report the problem) instead of trying to figure out the problems, or maybe, try to find out a solution.

But hey, please continue to make jokes. On the next downtime, I'll have time to read those and laugh with you, too.

And seems I'm a volunteer, too (while moderating the Portuguese forum), but should that refrain me from making (valid) remarks about the performance of the site, like as you do?

edit: spelling...

You know, I popped into this thread because from the topic title, it appeared to be discussing a feature. It wasn't clear what the feature was, so I wanted to see if I already was aware of it.

Instead of discussing a feature, the thread was actually just a bit of lame snarkiness. Given this, I'm not at all surprised that some snarkiness was returned.

BTW, I can't recall the last time I've recieved a 'Server Too Busy' error. I'm sure that it was last year. I guess paying for that upgrade to Centurian level was worth it.

You guys shoulda joined sooner. As a Charter Member we never have problems with the site. Plus we get Jelly of the Month from Jeremy! Hey Lep, What flavor this month? :blink::rolleyes:
This month, we received Smokey Mountain Special, Mountain Muscadine Jelly, and Blueberry Jam. The Smokey Mountain Special sounds like it could be funky, but it's actually preserves made with a blend of strawberries, raspberries and cherries. It's yummy.

Last month was Cherry Preserves, Peach Pecan w/cherries in Amaretto, and Wild Blackberry Jam. I'm not a huge peach fan, but the Peach Pecan w/cherries in Amaretto was awesome!

As a rusty aluminum member (have you ever tried to get aluminum to rust? It's not easy) I am too low on the totem pole to receive a Server Busy error. Haven't gotten one in at least the last 6 months, and i'm using the server at least as much as everyone else.

Guess, I just don't rate high enough to be included with the special folks :rolleyes:

:blink:

Guess this...

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=155302

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=156003

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=155755

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=155853

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=153890

And several, several others posts and threads are just product of some side-effect of geocaching: a state that creates delusional conclusions about the site not working or performing badly.

By the way, the last time I saw the gc.com server too busy was 2 hours ago. But then again, I may be delusional.

Perhaps, that's what happened here. But, since a lackey answered and fixed the so called problem, could he be delusional too?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I use the site as much as anybody and I rarely see the server too busy error. Much like brian - maybe 4 or 5 times in the past 6 months. I keep thinking there is something else going on here as not all of us are getting the frequency of the error that others are getting.

(thus it allows us to be snarky about it)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I use the site as much as anybody and I rarely see the server too busy error. Much like brian - maybe 4 or 5 times in the past 6 months.

You're truly delusional if you expect us to believe that :rolleyes:

I hope that you're joking. :lol:

I was actually thinking that 4 or 5 times in the past 6 months seemed like a lot. But perhaps I need to start marking it on my calender since it happens so rarely, so I can comment on it better in here. Better yet, perhaps I should start a thread each time I notice it. Even better than that, perhaps I should start a thread every time the site works. Catch more flies with honey, and all that. :blink:

Guess this...

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=155302

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=156003

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=155755

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=155853

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=153890

And several, several others posts and threads are just product of some side-effect of geocaching: a state that creates delusional conclusions about the site not working or performing badly.

By the way, the last time I saw the gc.com server too busy was 2 hours ago. But then again, I may be delusional.

Perhaps, that's what happened here. But, since a lackey answered and fixed the so called problem, could he be delusional too?

A tad bit touchy are we today? I don't think anyone is saying that it doesn't happen, just that not everyone has the same experience as you do. I put a good deal of stress on the servers, and I very, VERY, rarely get a server/busy error. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen to you or anyone else.

But... you gotta admit the title of this thread "I'm Proud To Be a PREMIUM Member" is just screaming for snarky replies.

That and the issue has been brought up to the point of exhaustion in many other threads as you appropriately pointed out. And, what is being done about it has been pointed out in those threads... so... keep starting new threads and perpetuating the old one... just don't get your knickers in a twist (I read that somewhere and liked the sound of it) when others with different experiences disagree with your level of dissatisfaction.

@ 17h09 GMT / 09h09 PST

servertoobusyok8.jpg

I was accessing our profile.

Between your two server/busy posts, I read through about 7 of my previous logs, checked on 3 travel bugs, emailed another cacher (through their profile) and posted a note to cache asking for the status of a bug that I dropped.

Maybe I'm the cause for your server/busy errors. Here... I'll stop using the site for a bit and see if that frees anything up for you :rolleyes:

If you had gotten in on the ground floor you would have access to the Charter Member server, where things like that harldy ever happen.

Well that really solves the problem now doesn't it... What thats telling me is that they only care about the "charter members" and care nothing about us nobody's even though we pay our dues.

In every community there is always a group of followers. It seems we have here a good number of these persons. Waco persons.

Yes, praise the Lord. Thank Him because this system is perfect. Thank Him because its uptime is idilic. Praise the Lord. We don't find any bugs in the Lord's kingdom. And if there is any, it's the Devil fault. The Lord never fails. If not Devil's fault is someone else fault. We all praise the dynamic of the System, always with new features, always improving. It's Heaven upthere, in Groundspeak nest. A pitty that only the faithfull followers will notice it.

Between your two server/busy posts, I read through about 7 of my previous logs, checked on 3 travel bugs, emailed another cacher (through their profile) and posted a note to cache asking for the status of a bug that I dropped.

Maybe I'm the cause for your server/busy errors. Here... I'll stop using the site for a bit and see if that frees anything up for you :rolleyes:

By looking at your profile I doubt very much that you use this site as much as you are claiming.

By looking at your profile I doubt very much that you use this site as much as you are claiming.

Well... you'd be wrong. I do use the site as much as I claim. Unfortunately, I don't make it out to caching as much as I'd like.

But thanks for checking for me... :blink:

PS. Was it the number of cache finds that leads you to believe I don't use the system as much as I claim? Or was it the caches found in 3 countries, and 16 states as well as the 45 trackables that I'm managing?

Looking at your profile, it seems that you've been getting along fine lately, even with all those server/busy errors.

Edited by BRTango

[PS. Was it the number of cache finds that leads you to believe I don't use the system as much as I claim? Or was it the caches found in 3 countries, and 16 states as well as the 45 trackables that I'm managing?

No, it was the pointless changing of subject tactic most often used to distract someone from the issue at hand.

**Look over there, the house is on fire** (nevermind the server smoking over here)

Could always be a software issue, it looks like your using the new fangled windows?

Ie7?

vista?

[PS. Was it the number of cache finds that leads you to believe I don't use the system as much as I claim? Or was it the caches found in 3 countries, and 16 states as well as the 45 trackables that I'm managing?

No, it was the pointless changing of subject tactic most often used to distract someone from the issue at hand.

**Look over there, the house is on fire** (nevermind the server smoking over here)

Could always be a software issue, it looks like your using the new fangled windows?

Ie7?

vista?

XP Winows 2000 pro with IE 6.0.28 from this machine.

XP with IE 7 / firefox (whatever the latest is) / opera (whatever the latest is) depending on what I'm doing and the whim with which I am currently operating.

How did I change the subject to distract anyone?

Edited by BRTango

No, I meant the others who bring up your profile as a distraction to the topic at hand - its common to see people pull up find #'s, join date and other things to "defend" a topic when they are really just pushing the discussion off topic to steer it clear of the real issue at hand.

You profile has Nothing to do with the servers.......

I just got this while posting my last reply:

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Inetpub\forums\GC\ips_kernel\class_db_mysql.php on line 457 PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Inetpub\forums\GC\sources\ipsclass.php on line 1111

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Inetpub\forums\GC\ips_kernel\class_db_mysql.php on line 457 PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Inetpub\forums\GC\sources\ipsclass.php on line 1111

An issue with the servers of the forum? Can't wait to see the jokes from the regulars comic reliefs!

No, I meant the others who bring up your profile as a distraction to the topic at hand - its common to see people pull up find #'s, join date and other things to "defend" a topic when they are really just pushing the discussion off topic to steer it clear of the real issue at hand.

You profile has Nothing to do with the servers.......

Ah... understand now... thanks :P

I did get that error when posting a reply to another topic as well. So even we with the rusty aluminum memberships get errors now and then :P

Oh the laughter... That's what we all should do when we pay for something and get a bad service.

More jokes, please.

3 bucks a month. Please name one service that would give you fault free service for such a low price? Hmmmmmmm? You want fault free... expect to pay 10 times that amount per month. Oh wait, even your DSL isn't THAT fault free at that price.

Oh the laughter... That's what we all should do when we pay for something and get a bad service.

More jokes, please.

3 bucks a month. Please name one service that would give you fault free service for such a low price? Hmmmmmmm? You want fault free... expect to pay 10 times that amount per month. Oh wait, even your DSL isn't THAT fault free at that price.

$2.50 if you pay for a year in advance :P

More jokes, please.

$2.50 if you pay for a year in advance :P

Yah I rounded up to give benefit of the monthly memberships. :P

It's amazing what people will complain about with their hard earned 3 bucks. If it's that big of a problem to them, they should just keep their money.

These people forget the 3 bucks pays for the extra features. That's all that is described. It is not for more reliable service. For reliable service, I would expect a higher fee to really help pay for the equipment upgrades, salaries and extras that go into maintaining that kind of shop. In other words, let's get the perspective more in tune folks.

To all that don't think $3 or $2.50 means nothing, please transfer that amount to my back account in a monthly basis. Thank you.

I could have sticked to be a regular and free member, but no. Even getting the PQ's is easy if you're not a regular member, but no. I do think that supporting geocaching by being a premium member is the right thing to do.

If I'm paying for something, I want that something to be good.

If I'm paying (in a yearly subscription) it means that:

- I do believe in the project and I'm supporting it

- I do believe that it's a bargain for what you get (I mean the fun, not the features)

- I expect the organization that I'm paying for to be professional.

IF $2.5/$3 is nothing when compared to the costs of running the site... how about telling just that and stating that the monthly rate will be $10 from now on. $10 would guarantee a much, much better performance.

Maybe, some are willing to pay.

It's not the money... Is what you get for.