Curiosity killed the Cat...

tsunrisebey

Satisfaction brought it back.

I was just wondering how many nosey...........errrr, I mean curious :) posters out there are like me, who like to browse through other people's profiles, looking at their galleries, what trackables they have wracked up, homepages, caches they've done; which leads you to other peoples pages, and on and on, before you know it, an hour or so has gone by. It's kind of fun poking around at what others are doing in their lives.

I've seen some great pics, exciting caches, and great stories. We even have some nice looking cachers out there :mad:

Who's profiles have some of the neatest pics you've seen or who tells some of the best stories when logging caches?

Satisfaction brought it back.

I was just wondering how many nosey...........errrr, I mean curious :) posters out there are like me, who like to browse through other people's profiles, looking at their galleries, what trackables they have wracked up, homepages, caches they've done; which leads you to other peoples pages, and on and on, before you know it, an hour or so has gone by. It's kind of fun poking around at what others are doing in their lives.

I've seen some great pics, exciting caches, and great stories. We even have some nice looking cachers out there :mad:

Who's profiles have some of the neatest pics you've seen or who tells some of the best stories when logging caches?

If I am about to respond to someone in the forums, I usually stalk.. errr.. I mean, browse their profile to find out who I am dealing with. Number of hides/finds if pertinent to the discussion, etc. Maybe find a head shot to doctor up in photoshop :mad:

I thought I was going to run out of room when my count said "11765 of 150000 characters used." It was then that I took another look after a week of worrying and I saw an extra "0" that I didn't see before. So it is really 150,000!!!??!!! That is pretty amazing....so I have a long way to go before I fill it up.

Along with the topic...I like to see others profiles. I look at the different events that they attended, and then check out the pictures that goes along with that event! Pretty cool. I have a lot of spare time on my hands so I do that kind of stuff.

I have bookmarked the page showing the found/hidden caches for several of my good friends. That way I can see what they've been up to with a single click. I don't have to "Find another player".

I haven't spent hours browsing profiles, but I do enjoy seeing the others involved in the game, both from the forums and my local cachers!

oh ya, Im always checking out profiles for a variety of reasons. Lots of fun to see whos been where doing what. :)

Yea and I even checked out your profile - just a little insane :mad: .

I've always enjoyed nosing around and knowing about the wayback machine helps when you find a dead link.

Very fun nosing around, seeing how far & deep you can dig when there's nothing else to do.

oh ya, Im always checking out profiles for a variety of reasons. Lots of fun to see whos been where doing what. :mad:

I've always enjoyed nosing around and knowing about the wayback machine helps when you find a dead link.

Very fun nosing around, seeing how far & deep you can dig when there's nothing else to do.

but not boring! :cry: must have opened up the music player huh? first song is "Trip Like I Do" :)

And that Purple Dryer of Doom profile for sure qualifies as insane!

Edited by mudsneaker

oh ya, Im always checking out profiles for a variety of reasons. Lots of fun to see whos been where doing what. :mad:

but not boring! :D must have opened up the music player huh? first song is "Trip Like I Do" :)

And that Purple Dryer of Doom profile for sure qualifies as insane!

:cry::)

OBTY you did a great job on your profile B)

I stalk some people very often. I look at alot of profiles at different times. No real reason really. I have bad sleeping problems and get bored with reading long threads and decide to be nosy and check out profiles. Honestly I haven't looked at one (at all) in about a month... First step is admitting you have a problem right?

Edited by wandat24

I look at my cousin and friends who live 3 hours away from me to see how they are doing and since they put in pics it kind of makes me feel apart of thier experience. I also enjoy looking up people who place what I consider cool caches so I can find more. As I meet more people caching My list of people to lurk has grown. I really appreciate the amount of space allowed for this and pics. The quick email feature is great and has helped me keep in touch with distant people whom i did lose touch with. One last thing is i get to see other ideas and it helps me improve my own profile.

Here is a great profile:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=4e...dc-99c45925303b

Wouldn't want to run into him night caching with the kids....

OMG! I'm not sure if that is funny or scary? :P

It's neither ummmm, it's Gary. :P

Folks all over the world have emulated Gary's very tasteful nude cachin' style (at least for one find) on my Nude Cacher Locationless Terracache that is dedicated to him and all other cachers who wish to free themselve's from textile bondage. :P

Here is a great profile:

Gary is one of the coolest people I know, and extremely discreet in his buff adventures. I've always seen him clothed, but one of my caches has been "honored" with a photo of him disrobed with the cache. :P

I am fighting a losing battle for having the biggest profile page. :P

If you are counting "biggest" by load time, I think I'm at least competitive. :P

I look at pretty much everybody's profile that I run across. If I've found your cache, I've looked at your profile. If you've found one of mine, I've looked at your profile. If I've met you on the trail or at an event, I have looked at your profile.

If you've found a cache that I have found and left an interesting log, there is a very good chance I have looked at your profile.

If you have posted an interesting comment in a thread I've read, there is a very good chance I have looked at your profile. I love the profile pages, I just wish more people did something interesting with them.

Gee - after reading this, I kind of sound like a stalker. :P

I like to see if the regular forum posters ever go out and find some caches, or just spend all of their free time in here talking about it! :P :P

BTW-my post count will never get higher than my find count, cuz that's part of how I like to play. :P

I suspect that a lot of the regular posters would much rather be out finding caches than posting in the forums. A lot of folks are locked to a computer several hours a day when they would rather be anywhere else.

Here is a great profile:

It's neither ummmm, it's Gary. :D

Folks all over the world have emulated Gary's very tasteful nude cachin' style (at least for one find) on my Nude Cacher Locationless Terracache that is dedicated to him and all other cachers who wish to free themselve's from textile bondage. :P

The pictures were hilarious, kind of reminds me of Wilson on Tool Time, except he is hiding his "treasure" behind a pumpkin or some other strategically placed item............ :P

Edited by tsunrisebey

Here is a great profile:

It's neither ummmm, it's Gary. :D

The pictures were hilarious, kind of reminds me of Wilson on Tool Time, except he is hiding his "treasure" behind a pumpkin or some other strategically placed item............ :P

That's the whole idea behind the Nude Cacher locationless cache. The pics and even one video are a real hoot.

I am fighting a losing battle for having the biggest profile page. :P

If you are counting "biggest" by load time, I think I'm at least competitive. :D

I look at pretty much everybody's profile that I run across. If I've found your cache, I've looked at your profile. If you've found one of mine, I've looked at your profile. If I've met you on the trail or at an event, I have looked at your profile.

If you've found a cache that I have found and left an interesting log, there is a very good chance I have looked at your profile.

If you have posted an interesting comment in a thread I've read, there is a very good chance I have looked at your profile. I love the profile pages, I just wish more people did something interesting with them.

Gee - after reading this, I kind of sound like a stalker. :P

There are geostalkers out there. :P

I received an unwanted email from someone I didn't give my email addy to and received H*** from my wife because of it.

I can't remove the ability of someone sending an email, but I can and have removed any details I can from my profile page. That way I look more boring.

Poison Ivy.

And theres none at any of my caches, or P.Oak, so feel free to hit my caches NC, I have no prob with how you cache, as long as no LEO's are involved, its all good!

I had to do a cache today that said to go 31 x PI strides in a certain direction. Im not a math fan, so I just guessed around 90' and called it good. And was right :D Not bad for failing algebra 2x in high school I guess?

BPR laid it out very nicely. I follow the same stalking patterns. :(

Edited by mudsneaker
:lol: I read profiles all the time for any number of reasons. I think it says some unfavorable things about someone who hasn't bothered to a least provide some information. I realize in these days of identity theft that we have to be careful, but is telling your home town going to give away your bank account. Heck, we even get to use fake names on this website. Here endth the rant.