Case and auto mount for 60csx

I am looking for opinions on how the garmin case works with the GPSMAP 60csx. The one I am talking about is here Will it work with one of the garmin auto mount or the windshield mount?

Do you guys (and girls) prefer the case mentioned above or the neoprene cases like these? what are some of the problems that you have run into with each?

About the mounts...I currently have a bike mount for my etrex like this one. It seems like I remember reading somewhere that the windshield bracket has the same type mount where I could use my new 60csx with my existing bike mount. Is this the case?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

I am looking for opinions on how the garmin case works with the GPSMAP 60csx. The one I am talking about is here Will it work with one of the garmin auto mount or the windshield mount?

Do you guys (and girls) prefer the case mentioned above or the neoprene cases like these? what are some of the problems that you have run into with each?

About the mounts...I currently have a bike mount for my etrex like this one. It seems like I remember reading somewhere that the windshield bracket has the same type mount where I could use my new 60csx with my existing bike mount. Is this the case?

No, won't work with the mount because of the bracket. Besides, it is a bad design, to remove the GPS from the case is done by the bottom and is a pain because of the stud and the GPS shape ! I had to cut the top so I could put it and remove it from the top. Some cases are available that work that way.

DON'T BUY IT

I also have a GPSMAP 60CSx and did buy the Garmin neoprene "window" case.

I found the window case to work fairly well for hand-use, but as mentioned it is a pain to remove from the GPS with the button on. I have to slide my pinkie finger under the back and lift the case over the button in order to slide the GPS out.

I ended up purchasing the more boring, lower cost, but much easier to work with Garmin nylon case. I like it much better. Its actually the very same case I've used for my Garmin GPS III+ for many many years (still working - inherited by my son).

I can't comment on the Garmin mount. I have an aluminum 60-series suction cup RAM mount and really like it. I had one for my GPS III+ and liked it - very very solid - so I stuck with RAM. The GPS will NOT fit on the mount with the window case on since the mount relies on a snug fit around the base of the GPS.

I have the first case, and I like it. I only have to remove the GPS once in awhile (batteries and up/downloading) As far as the mount, I use the Garmin one I used for my Rino, it uses the button in back so its universal. Here is a link to it so you can see it. (P/N 010-10350-00)

v/r

O-Mega

I researched several choices of cases for the 60CSx and decided on the Garmin case. I found that the case could be made much more useful with a few simple modifications. I wrote up the details here.

How is the clear plastic on the front a con? Cutting it out was kind of defeating the purpose of having a case. I found with mine that I had zero problems with using the buttons and zero problems with it sticking to the screen protector. Thats my review :rolleyes:

I researched several choices of cases for the 60CSx and decided on the Garmin case. I found that the case could be made much more useful with a few simple modifications. I wrote up the details here.

How is the clear plastic on the front a con? Cutting it out was kind of defeating the purpose of having a case. I found with mine that I had zero problems with using the buttons and zero problems with it sticking to the screen protector. Thats my review :rolleyes:

Though the clear plastic does add a level of protection, it did begin to stick to my Invisible Shield. Another user had posted that after time the clear plastic became permanently stuck to his Invisible Shield and I didn't want that to happen. I also didn't like the feel of the buttons through the plastic, particularly the rocker switch. Since the Invisible Shield was protecting my screen and since the buttons are waterproof (as is the entire 60CSx) I didn't think the clear plastic was adding enough protection to offset the problems I experienced.

I don't know why you are not having the sticking problem. Are you using the Garmin case and an Invisible Shield protector, or something else?

I don't know why you are not having the sticking problem. Are you using the Garmin case and an Invisible Shield protector, or something else?

Garmin case and Invisible Shield protector since June of last year.

I first heard about the shield sticking in post #4 in this previous topic. I checked my case and the plastic was already stuck pretty tightly to the shield, so I cut the plastic out that day. I don't know why your results are different. Temperature? Residue on the shield left from the install? In any event, I would have cut the clear plastic out anyway because I didn't like the look of the screen through both the Invisible Shield and the clear plastic. You would be surprised at how much easier the case is to put on and off after you remove the clear plastic. No more pulling and stretching. Anyway, it works for me. :rolleyes:

I first heard about the shield sticking in post #4 in this previous topic. I checked my case and the plastic was already stuck pretty tightly to the shield, so I cut the plastic out that day. I don't know why your results are different. Temperature? Residue on the shield left from the install? In any event, I would have cut the clear plastic out anyway because I didn't like the look of the screen through both the Invisible Shield and the clear plastic. You would be surprised at how much easier the case is to put on and off after you remove the clear plastic. No more pulling and stretching. Anyway, it works for me. :rolleyes:

If you think about it there is no real reason to have a screen protector on the GPS IF it is in the case :blink:

I also can recommend the cut-your-own PDA screen protectors. They're fairly cheap (multi-pack for about $12 at Best Buy). Downside is you have to cut them out neatly for it to look good; with a little patience, it's pretty simple. Also, you can use the extra ones on Digital camera screens, hand-held video camera screens, game boys, etc.....