Archived BEFORE Submission?

salmoned

I have a cache I've been working on for about 10 months now. I haven't submitted it for review, although I created a write-up. Now it's been archived, and I still have never submitted it for review. No harm done, since it hasn't been submitted for review, I only wonder, "Why?".

If you never checked the box that says this cache is active - the reviewer should never have seen it at all. Maybe you accidently did that and then unchecked it somehow?

Otherwise - I just don't know.

Unsubmitted caches show up on reviewers' proximity searches. ...
I'm not sure that this is correct.

It's correct. I had planned to place a cache in a particular park, but never got around to it. When someone else began dropping caches in that park, the reviewer sent me a note saying "I hope you're not too fond of this location. I know you haven't submitted it yet, but your cache keeps popping up in my proximity searches."

It's correct. I had planned to place a cache in a particular park, but never got around to it. When someone else began dropping caches in that park, the reviewer sent me a note saying "I hope you're not too fond of this location. I know you haven't submitted it yet, but your cache keeps popping up in my proximity searches."
Interesting.

I just flashed on that old Laugh In line: "Very interesting, but stupid." Does that make me old?

Edited by sbell111

I saw a note in July asking for status, and there was no response on your part. I have done the same thing on many occasion. Many times I run accross a cache that someone unchecked the "inplace and ready" box and let it sit for ages.

My suggestion is that you finish your research and when it's ready, either ask if it can be unarchived or resubmit the cache from scratch.

I saw a note in July asking for status, and there was no response on your part. I have done the same thing on many occasion. Many times I run accross a cache that someone unchecked the "inplace and ready" box and let it sit for ages.

My suggestion is that you finish your research and when it's ready, either ask if it can be unarchived or resubmit the cache from scratch.

I have a cache page that I had been holding on to for testing purposes, but have never 'submitted'. Should I do anything to this page to ensure that it is not causing my local reviewer any grief?
I saw a note in July asking for status, and there was no response on your part. I have done the same thing on many occasion. Many times I run across a cache that someone unchecked the "in place and ready" box and let it sit for ages.

I have a cache page that I had been holding on to for testing purposes, but have never 'submitted'. Should I do anything to this page to ensure that it is not causing my local reviewer any grief?

This is a little off topic, but... Just uncheck the "in place and ready" box, and make the most recent the most recent log entry something like "This is a test cache and will never be submitted' and the name something like "Stevie's test cache page".

I'm not sure why you need a test cache page, but I know people that create a cache page to drop their personal coin collections into. They typically use their home coordinates so they get credit for the miles to Temecula and back home again.

If you're talking about my cache, I responded by editing my first reply rather than creating a new response. How can I now see the archived write-up? (I don't recall the waypoint)

If you're talking about my cache, I responded by editing my first reply rather than creating a new response. How can I now see the archived write-up? (I don't recall the waypoint)

There should be a link in the archive note. If that's no longer available, try this linky.

Nope, no new caches have appeared nearby. I wonder how I can access my write-up now that it no longer appears on my account page?

Go to your account page. On the top "Quick View" menu, click "Geocaches" (don't click "Mine"). On that page, go to the menu on the right, where it says, "My geocaches awaiting approval". Click on "show archived".

I know they'll see 'additional waypoints' added to caches that haven't been submitted also.

Also make it a traditional cache as we look at puzzle/multis for additional waypoints. If it's a traditional, it takes less time to figure out it's not something I need to look at.

Yes, you edited your response way back when, (not sure why, new ones don't cost anything :P ), and that was the last contact since July 06. My guess is Crow had it on watch list and was going through a purge of caches that haven't had responses in a while. I do that every so often.

Also, no reviewer will see the note on the page. You need to e-mail your reviewer so that he knows to look at it.

If I recall, there was a puzzle cache submitted where the final location was getting too close to this unsubmitted cache. Ultimately, the puzzle cache never went anywhere either. I can't remember the specifics and it's only been a short while - does that make me way old? :unsure:

In any case, it's unarchived. If you move forward with this one you might want to change the date hidden from 5/21/06 to whatever the current date is. Carry on and sorry for the consternation.