Any friends of Bill W & Dr. Bob interested in recovery coin?

jAY miLLS

Any interest in a trackable recovery coin? I have a rough image but I don't know how to insert it in this post.

Front would be the image of Bill W and Dr. Bob with the tracking number just below the image. On the top arch within a ring around the coin would be "Alcoholics Anonymous". On the bottom arch would be "Founded 1935".

On the back within the outer ring it would say "To keep it, you have to give it away" and in the center portion it would say "Pass It On" superimposed on the triangle within the circle that represents Unity, Service, Recovery.

Just want to get a feel if this coin would have enough interest to be worth creating. It could be used to hand it off from person to person at conferences and such and watch it travel or dropping in caches.

Here's some posting help for you Jay.

20dda9ed-bfcc-4383-8d49-1c3e4669f58a.jpg

7f4a40f7-5743-451b-929d-4fe14d4628ee.jpg

Front would be the image of Bill W and Dr. Bob with the tracking number

just below the image along with the trackable at gc.com message. On the

top arch within the outer ring around the coin would be "Alcoholics

Anonymous". On the bottom arch within the outer ring would be "Founded

1935".

On the back within the outer ring and wrapping the coin it would say "To

keep it, you have to give it away" with "Recovery" at bottom center. In

the center of coin it woudl prominently say "Pass It On" superimposed on

a triangle within the circle that represents Unity, Service, Recovery.

Or maybe even superimposed over the 4 color geocaching design.

Use of any particular finish, any enamel etc is open.

Seems like just another coin with no tie-in to caching to me.

(That's a serious question)

Sounds like it would definitely fit into the personal coin department!

If he puts his personal geonick on it, then it'd be a personal geocoin. If he doesn't, like kealia said, it's another coin with no tie-in to caching.

If it is made and sold, how about donating the profits to a local AA chapter or other related charity?

If it is made and sold, how about donating the profits to a local AA chapter or other related charity?

An excellent idea! There was one (still available, I think) that benefited the Mt. Rainier chapter of the Red Cross. If there is a way to tie this onto caching, even better. There should be; I used to umpire a "sober softball league" when we lived in Riverside, and there are lots of other such groups. I wouldn't rush on this one. Give it some thought; try to work out a solid link between AA and geocaching.

I wouldn't rush on this one. Give it some thought; try to work out a solid link between AA and geocaching.

I am pretty new at this and probably posted prematurely without thinking the idea through a bit further. I guess I just got excited about the idea of potentially havng a trackable coin I can trade with. My Bad! In any case there are already coins similair to the one I proposed so I doubt there would be much of a demand in any realm much less the geocache realm. I am currently trying to think of a good idea for a personal coin that is trackable and a way to make the coin happen as I don't have alot of money to throw at this type of project. I have a couple ideas but I need to explore my options and do more research first on the minting process, etc. Rest assured I will not be posting that idea quite so fast. :blink: Sorry for my short sightedness. :unsure:

Find something that you feel represents you, put it on the coin along with your ID. Then you have a personal geocaching coin. Simple. Don't try and make it complicated. Take a look at the other personal coins out there, there is a great listing of various coins at:

http://www.geocoincollection.com/cointrade/coinlist.asp

Primarily look for ones that are personal coins - they should have a cachers ID as part of the coin name. for example, use the search box and type in: puppies that will bring up pictures of our personal coin, pretty simple (and not trackable) but it represents us (our pup's picture was used for the 3-d side)

Many coin minters/stores will work with you on making it happen at relatively low cost to you. Contact afew of them and request info.

I have a couple ideas but I need to explore my options and do more research first on the minting process, etc. Rest assured I will not be posting that idea quite so fast. :huh: Sorry for my short sightedness. :laughing:

No need for apologies. You came in with an idea and got some feedback that will hopefully help you out. Sounds productive to me. :huh: