Chief20R2's Personal GeoCoin

chief20r2

I will be heading to GeocoinFest and plan on visiting all the coin vendors to try to finalize my first personal geocoin and I am looking for some ideas on the finish I should use on the back of my coin and the size of the coin itself. The front on the coin will have all the gold areas raised with more than likely a soft enamel coating. It is possible to have a shiny gold finish on the front and a satin finish on the back and should it also be soft enamel or should it be hard enamel.

Depending on the interest I am planning to have a least 250 minted in just one finish and they would be trackable on Geocaching.com with it’s own fire hat icon

Thanks in advance for any feedback, ideas, or comments as they will be greatly appreciated

Chief20r2 :huh:

firehatfb3.jpg

Hi Chief!

Hey! The coin looks great! :cry: I'm happy to see that there is another local Western Mass cacher coin to look forward too. :huh:

Sorry, I can't help you with finishes ... but I wanted to chime in anyway and say "Great work!" Perfect coin for you. Now all we need to do is find an FTF to go after together in the middle of the night in the rain and maybe I can help you place your first on in the wild! :huh:

Matt

Western_Mass_Clan

How about size anybody have any ideas 1.75" or 2"

2" coins are pretty big and heavy. My Secret geoAgent is 2". My decoder is 1.75" and my Firefighters are 1.5" What I do when I make a coin is to print it out on a piece of paper in all 3 sizes to see which one I like the best -- and even compare it to similar existing coins of the same size. Given that your coin looks long, I would suggest the 1.75". The folks broker the coin minting are usually very good at deciding on sizes.

Hope that helps........Anthus

How about size anybody have any ideas 1.75" or 2"

2" coins are pretty big and heavy. My Secret geoAgent is 2". My decoder is 1.75" and my Firefighters are 1.5" What I do when I make a coin is to print it out on a piece of paper in all 3 sizes to see which one I like the best -- and even compare it to similar existing coins of the same size. Given that your coin looks long, I would suggest the 1.75". The folks broker the coin minting are usually very good at deciding on sizes.

Hope that helps........Anthus

Thanks for the suggestions :) I was thinking about going with the 1.75"

I just hope you'll be trading with me, right? I know Three Rivers is a long ways from Boston....

You bet :lol: Also have a few other items packed to give you at GeocoinFest :)

Like they say in Boston if it's west of RT128 it doesn't exist :blink: So where is Boston ? :rolleyes:

Cool man...how do I find you? Listen for the "Boston Rob" accent? Or, will you be wearing a Fireman's Hat? :o

I just hope you'll be trading with me, right? I know Three Rivers is a long ways from Boston....

You bet :P Also have a few other items packed to give you at GeocoinFest :D

Like they say in Boston if it's west of RT128 it doesn't exist :huh: So where is Boston ? :laughing:

Cool man...how do I find you? Listen for the "Boston Rob" accent? Or, will you be wearing a Fireman's Hat? :D

Well look for the hat but it may be from a state to the north of you " Far North " :D

My personal Geocoin will be minted within the next few weeks and I would like to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions when I first posted my preliminary Art Work. I have approved the Die Ready Artwork and now waiting for samples to arrive before making a final decision on the metal finish but am leaning towards Raised Gold Front / Foggy Gold Back

Coin Specifications:

Size 2” long

Thickness 3.5mm

2D/2D Soft Enamel Front / Imitation Hard Enamel Back

Finish TBD

Quantity 275

For Sale 150 +/-

For Trade 25 +/-

Trackable Yes – Laser Engraved

Custom Icon Yes (Fire Helmet)

Activation Codes Geocoinclub.com

Price $8.00

Shipping $1.75 for the first coin $0.50 for each additional coin within the US

International Shipping will be based on buyers location.

Thanks to Crop Circle for taking the time and my ideas in designing this coin and to Rusty at Personalgeocoins for fine tuning it and who the coins will be minted through

Should you have any questions feel free to post them here or email me directly

dieart0322rev2F.jpg

dieart0322rev2B.jpg

Edited by chief20r2

Are you taking reservations at all? If so I'd like to reserve one! :huh:

I'm not taking them just yet I want to wait untill I get the samples and make a decision on

the finish but I'm pretty sure it will be the gold. Once I approve the

sample then I will wait about a week before taking reservations so hopefully

it will be only about a week or so before I get them and ship them out.

very well done..

I will be heading to GeocoinFest and plan on visiting all the coin vendors to try to finalize my first personal geocoin and I am looking for some ideas on the finish I should use on the back of my coin and the size of the coin itself. The front on the coin will have all the gold areas raised with more than likely a soft enamel coating. It is possible to have a shiny gold finish on the front and a satin finish on the back and should it also be soft enamel or should it be hard enamel.

Depending on the interest I am planning to have a least 250 minted in just one finish and they would be trackable on Geocaching.com with it’s own fire hat icon

Thanks in advance for any feedback, ideas, or comments as they will be greatly appreciated

Chief20r2 <_<

firehatfb3.jpg