translated cache letter in greek

PolterGeistGr

i'm just guessing here, but i'll bet you this user's greek is pretty good. i'm assuming the problem is with whether or not the site accepts the greek characters in the description. if the greek folks don't have a solution, you might ask the russian speaking folks. or arabic. someone out there has done work with cache descriptions in other alphabets besides english.

i'm just guessing here, but i'll bet you this user's greek is pretty good. i'm assuming the problem is with whether or not the site accepts the greek characters in the description. if the greek folks don't have a solution, you might ask the russian speaking folks. or arabic. someone out there has done work with cache descriptions in other alphabets besides english.

The greek language packs are available on the internet. Word detects which pack it needs and downloads it, but people might have problems with the txt or rtf.

the tricky part i think is getting greek to show up on a Groundspeak page so people who have not downloaded the packs can read the pages. i'm not sure how users of other alphabets do this on this site.

which alphabets does Groundspeak support? i'd like to think that as a major governing body of a worldwide sport that world languages are largely supported. that'd be cool.

the tricky part i think is getting greek to show up on a Groundspeak page so people who have not downloaded the packs can read the pages. i'm not sure how users of other alphabets do this on this site.

which alphabets does Groundspeak support? i'd like to think that as a major governing body of a worldwide sport that world languages are largely supported. that'd be cool.

Well, I would think that if people just wanted to view the log without downloading the packs, an image of the log should be made available. Not many people are going to be editing the greek, so we should have a jpg or gif alongside the actual document.

thanks everybody for your immediate replies :)

I have created both .pdf and .doc file types of the translation, I think that in .pdf there is no need for installed char sets, pls advice me on that

I have already send an email to contact@geocaching.com

You are correct regarding PDF. A PDF can be read by anyone, anywhere, anyhow. You create the document and you KNOW the person who is reading it is seeing the document the way you saw it last.

...cache descriptions in other alphabets besides english.

Oh, and stupid me - I'd always thought that our letters are of Latin origin. But on the other hand - those funny old Romans probably learned how to write on the British Isle...

:lol:

SCNR,

BS/2

On topic: does GC.com support UTF-8?

Edited by BalkanSabranje

...cache descriptions in other alphabets besides english.

Oh, and stupid me - I'd always thought that our letters are of Latin origin. But on the other hand - those funny old Romans probably learned how to write on the British Isle...

:huh:

SCNR,

BS/2

On topic: does GC.com support UTF-8?

no need to be snarky. i don't consider an alphabet such as the one spanish-speaking people use to be the same as the english alphabet because of a couple of characters that don't match. for the most part i know that many characters from latin-based alphabets are built into our keyboards, but some are not.

i don't know which ones because i'm not in the habit of using them. i was attempting to avoid alphabet arrogance, but since you'd rather take potshots it's not worth my time.