What's Your Age?

Thot

I noticed someone has started an new thread in "Getting Started" asking people to give their ages. There's an old thread in this area asking the same thing. The problem with asking people to post their ages, there's no way to summarize the results (Also, some people don't want to state their ages publicly :lol: ). So, I've created a poll, and I'm asking everyone to give there age one more time. This will really let us see the pattern of geocacher ages.

So

Go Here and enter your age anonymously.

Then look at the results to see the pattern.

Also, post something here saying you did it so this thread won't slide off the radar screen.

Ok I'll do it ! Huh real age or my mental state? Oh ok I'll put real age :-)

I voted anonymously, but I don't mind telling my age in public...I'm 45. The reason I don't mind telling everyone is because I don't LOOK to be 45.

I have all of my original hair, and very little of it is gray. Plus, most of the people I work with are younger than I am, so they help to keep me young. I know...you're jealous...it's OK.

Done.

I have kids below the lowest age group and they have accounts and log finds (sometimes). Shame they can't be counted.

Yup. I'm 36 and voted. My usual cocachers are my 9- and 11-year-old daughters. They don't have a separate account so... uh... is that why that age group isn't considered in the poll? I've heard tell of 8-year-olds and 11-year-olds who have accounts and log finds. Eight-year-old with Girl Scout troop, and so on.

I had to lie. I'm adding this to my pet peeve list. People who put up polls that do not understand basic math. I am not between the age of 51 and 60. I am not between the age of 61 and 70. I am between the age of 60 and 61. Any properly done poll would list: 50-60 and 60-70. It's called a step function. That I could have answered without lying. Oh, well. :rolleyes:

No, Crockett, I don't look my age. Blessed with a baby face. Not one grey hair, either. (It all went white, so I dye it blond!)

Majority of the posters (not necessarily the same as the cachers) are 30-50. Actually, in my neighbourhood there seems to be a lot more over 50 than this bell curve suggests.

Retirees have more time on their hands and since geocaching is less physical than most outdoor activities, I would suggest that a good many cachers have a bubble in the middle! :unsure:

I noticed someone has started an new thread in "Getting Started" asking people to give their ages. There's an old thread in this area asking the same thing. The problem with asking people to post their ages, there's no way to summarize the results (Also, some people don't want to state their ages publicly :rolleyes: ). So, I've created a poll, and I'm asking everyone to give there age one more time. This will really let us see the pattern of geocacher ages.

So

Go Here and enter your age anonymously.

Then look at the results to see the pattern.

Also, post something here saying you did it so this thread won't slide off the radar screen.

Voted

Done!

Retirees have more time on their hands and since geocaching is less physical than most outdoor activities, I would suggest that a good many cachers have a bubble in the middle! :rolleyes:
I would think that retirees have more time on thier hands so they're out geocaching more and hanging out on the forums less.... so the upper age group numbers are probebly shy.

Need to add "Could be outside caching but chose to sit here on my 'puter and vote in some poll" or "I'm at work and voting on some poll when I should be working" buttons. Yeah, I'd press the work one. :rolleyes: