What's Your Age?

Thot

It is interesting to see that 3/4 of poll respondants were over 30, and half are over 40. I would have thought there were more 20 somethings. I wonder if this poll is affected by age's affect on one's "tendency to complete polls" or "forum vs. non-forum using geocacher" factors.

It is interesting to see that 3/4 of poll respondants were over 30, and half are over 40. I would have thought there were more 20 somethings. I wonder if this poll is affected by age's affect on one's "tendency to complete polls" or "forum vs. non-forum using geocacher" factors.

Attending events will give you a better feel for the age of your fellow cachers. This is primarily a middle-agers' sport. For the most part, too tame and dorky for 20-somethings.

please do not read my signature. :laughing:

what :laughing: , there's no mention of your spit cup. Every orinery goat lovin woman has always got a plug of chaw hidden somewhere close by.

Sorry things just catch my eye and all I could vision is Ma Boggs aka Ruth Gordon(clearer vision) sitting on the front porch with her shotgun.

ok, back on topic, I voted - or did I :laughing:

Attending events will give you a better feel for the age of your fellow cachers. This is primarily a middle-agers' sport. For the most part, too tame and dorky for 20-somethings.

My wife and I are 20 somethings! Well, I'm 29, she's 28. I did my first cache in 2001 though. Now we're back with our kids!

:anitongue:

Wow I was amazed that 61 to 70 was as low as it was. Most people I encounter while out are my age or close. I.v run across a few WIPPER SNAPPERs but not many. We only do the EAZY ones LOL can't afford to have a break or boo boos. Anyway im 62 and proud of it and hope to see 72 and still caching :D

Dilligas45

With 12-20 being such a big area, as of now they are only making up 5.4%. I thought 18 and 19 somethings would be all over this. I guess video games won out.

And 61-70 only being 3%. Of course they wouldn't be the highest, but with people retiring early in this bracket, I thought there would be more there too.

I seem to be in the most common age range...woohoo, I'm not alone! :D

Did it but what if anything does it prove other than the ages in general of the folks that read and replied to this thread.

Like me for instance there's two of us actually (no not a split personality - believe me one of me is more that sufficient) my wife being the better half. I'm kinda forumed out (first I fish thus go to fishing forums and 2nd am an Admin on one of them) so I just casually breeze in here usually looking for an answer to something. I might stumble onto such a post but not usually participate (being a newbie no matter how many forums you've been on it's still a learning process).

My point is as I've learned many times over - this will result in only the percentage of the entire masses of the Cachers that are members and actually come to the forums and then actually reply (that will be somewheres around 20% maximum at best).

To adapt the data into something meaningful you would have to figure out the numbers. This could prove to be quite the challenge.

It looks cool anyhow and as with most polls it suffices as an attempt to obtain some kind of feel for the topic at least amongst ourselves.

You have to try to know... Thanks for the effort. :D