How Does CacheMate Handle Auxillary Waypoins?

Thot

They show up as individual points with types based on the type of child waypoint.
I'm sorry, but I still don't understand. Are you saying they are in the list of cache names but the name is the waypoint number/identifier? If so, how do you know which one is associated with which cache? Edited by Thot

If so, how do you know which one is associated with which cache?

Considering the structure of CacheMate's database and what OS we're dealing with here, there's no practical way to do that without slowing the program to a crawl. That's especially the case now that TPTB decided to leave the addl. waypoint list out of the cache description text.

Since you're using GSAK, what you can do is transpose the first 2 characters and the rest of the waypoint ID during export, and sort by the latter in CacheMate. That way, they'll be grouped together.

Edited by Maeglin

If so, how do you know which one is associated with which cache?

Considering the structure of CacheMate's database and what OS we're dealing with here, there's no practical way to do that without slowing the program to a crawl.

I see, now I know why I don't incorporate the axillary waypoints.

They show up as individual points with types based on the type of child waypoint.
I'm sorry, but I still don't understand. Are you saying they are in the list of cache names but the name is the waypoint number/identifier? If so, how do you know which one is associated with which cache?

With mine when I choose WPT on the palm it displays all caches by waypoint. When I load them into the palm the GC is stripped off so Cache GCKGNF is listed as KGNF on the palm and in my GPSr as well. If you look at that cache you will see it has a parking waypoint PKKGNF. This is listed on my palm as KGNFPK. This puts both waypoints next to each other when using the list by WPT mode on my palm. All this is achieved thru Gsak. In the Export Cachemate PDB window I have the code "%drop2 %children %drop2%c_Prefix" entered under Cachemate options - Cachemate Waypoint (code/smart name). I hope this helps.