Time, Google Earth and GPX

ertyu

The <time> tag in GPX files trips up newer versions of Google Earth.

When opening a GPX, the time slider kicks in and I get a limited time window displayed, typically some range in 2001. I'd like it to display the entire contents of the file; the entire time window on load.

I'm not sure how its interpreting the <time> tags within the file, but they are the root of the problem.

The time tags work as designed; you can move the slider to see what caches were placed when.

Widen the slider to include the range of time and/or set the option in Earth that always does that for you during a load.

I'd also prefer not to have to slide the time bar to see the complete set of caches in a GPX file. Which Google Earth option you can set to change the default behavior? Thanks.

The time tags work as designed; you can move the slider to see what caches were placed when.

Widen the slider to include the range of time and/or set the option in Earth that always does that for you during a load.

I'd also prefer not to have to slide the time bar to see the complete set of caches in a GPX file. Which Google Earth option you can set to change the default behavior? Thanks.

View --> show time ---> never - after you open a GPX - it will remember

View --> show time ---> never - after you open a GPX - it will remember

Thanks, StarBrand! That worked like a charm. :)

Awesome! Exactly what I was looking for and couldn't find.

Edited by ertyu

Actually the tags don't work quite right, the times on the slider don't match up to whats in the file. I'm guessing its the time stamp format which doesn't match the KML description, but I tried modifying it to match and it still didn't work, so I don't know.