Geocaching education

beezerb

I work for the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission, and I will be teaching a Geocaching course for a BOW (Becoming an Outdoors Woman) program. We are even going to order a few Geocoins. I think it is going to be a blast.

Nuwati

I noticed that the AGFC also offers the Outdoors Woman course with geocaching one of the subjects. I like your avatar. My father was an electronics tech. “radio man” for the Arkansas State Forestry Commission.

Mrs. Beezer the b in beezerb

If one of our cache hides ever gets reported as a suspicious looking object I just hope they send in an Arkansas Game and Fish Law Enforcement Officer aka a game warden.

http://www.agfc.com/education-class/progra...eocoaching.aspx

Any geocaching education courses sponsored by your state?

Cool, we're planning a trip through Arkansas later this year. I'll have to look at the route again to see if we are going near any of those spots, just so I can leave extra nice notes on the cache pages. I like to show my appreciation to state oficials who embrace and promote geocaching.

We have many member's including me who work for Conservation Board's and more here in Iowa who are active in Geocaching. There have also been many county conservation's who have held or help sponsor Geocaching events. I am even hoping to hold some classes for the public, schools and more some day. I also hope to hold an event some day in one or more of our county parks. It is a great way to get people outside, enjoying, respecting and more the great outdoors. Even many school's offer classes or use GPS's in classes.