A geocaching robot

57tbird

A week ago I came across my old R/C monster truck. It was originally used to deliver cold "refreshments" from the refrigerator to myself on hot summer days on the patio. But that's off topic for the purpose of this post.

I got to thinking what a neat project it would be to interface a GPS'r to some electronics that would in turn control the servos of the truck thus turning it into self guided geocaching machine. Just pop in some coords and off it would go.

With refinement, it may even be able to find a cache, open it and sign the log ! Just the thing for the lazy

geocacher ! I even thought of a name for it: the "FTF-2007"

I wondered though, had anyone done this already ? Oh, you betcha !

Researching, I ran across this which, in turn, led me to this. I thought the community might find it interesting.

Cache on !

Edited by 57tbird

A week ago I came across my old R/C monster truck. It was originally used to deliver cold "refreshments" from the refrigerator to myself on hot summer days on the patio. But that's off topic for the purpose of this post.

I got to thinking what a neat project it would be to interface a GPS'r to some electronics that would in turn control the servos of the truck thus turning it into self guided geocaching machine. Just pop in some coords and off it would go.

With refinement, it may even be able to find a cache, open it and sign the log ! Just the thing for the lazy

Researching, I ran across this which, in turn, led me to this. I thought the community might find it interesting.

Cache on !

And robots to solve puzzles, and robots to place caches....

What if we included a flamethrower with an automated "Seek and Destroy" mode for lame micros....

--MGb

Check out the Robo-Magellan stuff. http://www.robothon.org/robothon/robo-magellan.php

I hadn't even thought of having it be an auto cache finder. :anitongue: Might make finding some of those tough ones a little easier.

Cache on !

Cache on !

And robots to solve puzzles, and robots to place caches....

What if we included a flamethrower with an automated "Seek and Destroy" mode for lame micros....

--MGb

Yeah seriously. especially micros that are buried. those need the "seek and destroy" robot